Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

FAO people with dogs and cats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Miss.PuddyCat, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

Now this is the first time we are gonna have a mix of the two. And to be honest I think my cats will do fine but the thing thats gone over my head is the whole flea and worming issue.

Since my cats are strictly indoors Ive not wormed or flea them minus when they went to the vets for check ups and shots. And once when we first got Horris.

So now adding a dog into the mix is gonna change things up I assume :confused: Were lucky that when we brought Decker, Horris and Soda none of them had fleas and none bar Horris had worms.

How do you owners of both deal with this? I had tried a collar for fleas on Decker when I first got her for fear of fleas but it made her sick.

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Ive always had dogs and cats together, we generally just worm the dogs and the cats together as the cats may have been exposed to fleas and worms through the dogs. I use Drontal wormer and Frontline flea treatment but the frontline seems to be becoming less and less affective so Im trying with Apple Cider vinegar since it was reccomended to me by another pf member, its worth a try anyway Apple Cider Vinegar for Dogs

3. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

Thanks will defiantly look into that :D

4. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I hope you win out with the Cider Vinegar. I tried this with the homeboys a long time ago and you would have thought I was trying to poison them!!!! I must have put about 2 teeny, weeny droplets (and I MEAN teeny!!) in their water bowl with about half a litel of water but they could STILL smell than darn stuff! :mad:

Although I have just had a thought as I type - now that I soak their dry food before feeding, I MIGHT be able to sneek a tiddly-bit into that. It's worth a try.... :idea:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice