Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

FAO dh.dti

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Magik, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Magik

Magik Guest

I'm just curious... your avatar is about rememberance day and you also did a thread on the subject... did you have family who died in the 2nd world war?

My grand father was in the Chindits...think thats how you spell it. You heard of them?

2. dh.dti

dh.dti Guest

Both Grandfathers came home to tell the tales...

I just think the older generations should be respected & remembered for the good they did.

I also have mates who have served in the Gulf & even older mates who served in the Falklands.

3. Magik

Magik Guest

4. carol

carol PetForums VIP

my father was in 2nd world war
    he got gut shot layed there for 2 days before some one came along
    then taken to hospital
    [his fine by the way]
    but the worse thing he said was the stuff he was laying in for those days [s**t] but even worse was they couldnt risk washing him properly only cleaned around the hole he layed in hospital for weeks on end
    then they washed him after a bit, he didnt want that again the smell

then he went back to the front. line lost quite a few of his mates though. told me few horrible stories

5. bullyb

bullyb PetForums VIP

they all fought to save us in all wars, they deserve the respect. those poor families that have lost kids in the war. so sad....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice