Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fantastic new carpet cleaner!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Dogless, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

You can tell from the thread title that I live a bit of a rock star lifestyle :cool:. Or b......

Anyhoo :eek:.

Just posted as a follow up to the thread where I asked for steam cleaner recommendations that could do the kitchen and carpets, but after advice from you good folk and plenty of geeky research I decided on a carpet cleaner and will get a steam mop for the kitchen.

Today I bought one of these: Bissell Healthy Home Pet Carpet Cleaner. Reviews, Bissell Healthy Home Pet Carpet Cleaner. Ratings at Argos and it is utterly blummin fabulous :D. I thought that I kept a clean house, but two tanks full of black water from the hall later.....:blink: :crazy: :yikes: :yikes: .

2. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

ooo sounds fab
    Mum got one off of the idealhome site the other day, she hasnt used it yet
    I hope we get similar results :)

3. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

I love how a carpet cleaner can bring soo much excitement :thumbsup:

Its amazing how much dirt can get rapped in a carpet! This is why I have laminate all down stairs lol you can really see how dirty a floor can get :eek:

Its constant cleaning with laminate and it makes me think... how much of that would go undetected on a dark coloured carpet :confused:

4. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

We had wooden floors and laminate in our old house downstairs and it is constant cleaning...same as our light grey vinyl kitchen floor here. The rest of the downstairs is carpeted in a delightful shade of mid green :rolleyes:: which does appear to hide an awful lot of dirt despite me vacuuming regularly :eek:.

5. terencesmum

terencesmum PetForums VIP

Oh, dogless. You do make me laugh sometimes. :)

I will try out that cleaner though. Been looking for one for ages.

6. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

See.....you all laugh at me :cryin::cryin: but then still go on to say you are interested.....no need to be ashamed of being a geek; I'm not too much on a good day:D.

7. Shazach

Shazach PetForums VIP

Well my excitement is that my lounge carpet is being chemically cleaned tomorrow, woohooo!!!

I have a vax that also produces buckets of black water, but I've had to admit it's met it's match and call in the professionals....

8. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

Well I'm not one to judge, I got a Miele cat and dog upright Hoover for Xmas and it's possibly the best present I've ever been given :eek:

I took great delight hoovering up the pine needles on Xmas morning :D

9. Iluvmypets

Iluvmypets PetForums Member

You got a hoover for a Christmas present and you were happy! :eek::nono::nono::nono:

10. Izzysmummy

Izzysmummy PetForums VIP

We borrowed my Mums Bissel carpet cleaner and it's fab! I couldnt believe the colour of the water, 5 dirty tanks later and I'd only done the hall, the lounge and our bedroom. Other than the stain on the bedroom floor (remains of a vomit birthday present from Izzy to Tarnus last year:eek:) I honestly thought the carpets were pretty clean until I saw all the dirty water coming out! :eek:

11. Iluvmypets

I was going to swap carpets for laminate floors this summer, thinking they'd be easier to keep clean.... so you're all saying it's not then? :(

12. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Laminate is easy - shows dirt, but just needs a mop and you can obviously clean vomit etc off it without dramas.

13. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

Well I did specifically ask for it... And it is a very very nice Hoover ;)

14. Iluvmypets

Coughsdiamondsmydeardiamondscoughs.....:D

15. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

:lol: all in good time... It's only been 6 years :rolleyes:

16. terencesmum

terencesmum PetForums VIP

Took me and OH 6 and a half years to get hitched. And only because I said it's about bloody time.:lol:

17. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

Hey, this wasnt any old hoover!!!
    This was a "Miele cat and dog upright Hoover" :D

Laminate is very easy to keep clean, its just you see the dirt more on laminate than you do on carpet, so you seem to be cleaning alot more frequently!
    I think Laminate is alot cleaner and easier to have than carpet, especially if you have mucky kids and pets :blink:

18. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

:D :D :D thank you for this thread, my highlight of today was researching and finding a good pet safe disinfectant for the patio to stop it stinking and it come's in bubblegum and baby powder sent :eek: :eek: :eek:

19. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Really bizarre you should say that; I was going to look for the very same....care to share? :D:D.

20. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Dogless - you can't be as weird as me. I hate cleaning but I love washing the carpets and bathing the dogs (when they need it of course) and the car - because the sight of all that muck and the finished product - makes me feel like I've accomplished something! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I was excited when I got my Dyson Ball - now I wish I'd gone for something else - it's crappy!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice