Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Fantastic Day

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bird, May 24, 2010.

1. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Well I cant remember the last time that I had a me day. :scared: What with looking after the girls (even tho they're big enough to look after themselves)/grandmonster/MIL/dogs and working at the mo. But today Hubs told me to take the day off and go out with one of my friends. We went to Trentham Gardens and in the end I was there for 5 hrs with close on 3 hrs in the cafe putting the world to rights. :lol: I feel soooooooo good and chilled. :thumbup:

2. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

sounds like a fantastic day, and well deserved too :)

3. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

Glad to hear you had a good day... A few hours to yourself can make all the difference :thumbup: And your right about Kids, even when they are older they still hard work. The needs differ as they get older, they don't necessarily get easier :)

4. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Glad you had a good "me" day we all need that from time to time, its just getting it thats the problem:D its years ago since i was at trentham gardens we once went there for the weekend with the caravan do they still have the campsite?

5. bird

bird PetForums VIP

No thats been gone for a couple of years or so, its got newish owners, theres a garden centre and some shops which they call trentham village. :confused: mostly small indepentants but some nationals i.e. portmerion, cotton traders etc. a monkey forest (as they call it) where theres a troup of barbary monkeys living you walk through them and they're running all over the place. :D Theres a Travel Lodge/Premier Inn (cant remember exact) and where the last bit standing of the old Trentham Hall is they're going to turn it into a 5* hotel. Loads of money being spent, but they've closed the lake walk unless you pay to go round it. Needless to say not been round there since they did that in the summer of last year. :mad:

6. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

It sounds like its changed a lot, i think it was just the campsite, the hall, a funfair, gardens and lake or thats all can remember anyway. Sounds very up and coming now.:)

7. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Have to admit inspite of having to pay to go around the gardens (the gardens were free for the first year) its all been done really nicely, and theres always loads of people milling about now. So far the woods are still free to walk on, and am really hoping they stay that way, the boys love the woods. :D and because its so up and down they get knackered better at that wood. :thumbup:

8. metame

metame PetForums VIP

trentham gardens = ice cream!

:lol:

gah, me and my one track mind!

glad you had a good day though!

disclaimer: i dont really always think about food

#8 metame, May 24, 2010
    Last edited: May 24, 2010
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice