Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

fancy mice

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by srhdufe, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Akai-Chan

Akai-Chan Banned

They keep males together? I thought this was somewhat of a faux pas as the males can seriously wound or kill eachother?

Peace
    Akai-Chan

2. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

Thats what i thought :rolleyes:

3. ....zoe....

....zoe.... PetForums VIP

i thought it was fine as long as theyve been 2gther since birth :confused:

4. Akai-Chan

Akai-Chan Banned

Pretty much as soon as they hit sexual maturity they get massively territorial and will fight to the death. They are ok for the first couple of months or so, but after that they shouldn'y be together unless oyu want to end up with a very dead mouse :(

Peace
    Akai-Chan

5. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

Yep, it's almost a guarantee that males will always turn on each other, they can be kept together when they are young but only to a point as even brothers who have never been seperated and who haven't detected any does will still most likely try to wipe each other out once one or more starts producing musk.

6. zany_toon

zany_toon PetForums VIP

Not always true!! Kissifur and Mintola have been living together since they were born and are now five months old. Some play fighting and a lot of chasing but Kissifur is quite happy to let Mintola be top dog unless he tries to steal his carrot!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice