Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Family Tree

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Royoyo, May 24, 2017.

1. Royoyo

Royoyo PetForums VIP

Hi

I have been doing a lot of research on my family tree lately. I was stuck somewhere in the 1600's so contacted a man who had done extensive research on it since 2003, according to him he is my cousin 2x removed and he has traced this side of my family back to the 1300's. I received this info around a month and a half ago and I have tried to contact him to explain it to me a few times (I don't want to become annoying) and have received no reply. The document he sent me is 118 pages long.

Elizabeth Parsons and John Greenham are my 6x Great Grandparents. Then if I am not mistaken then where it say's notes for Elizabeth Parson's it has her parents listed and then all of her Granparents? I'm really trying to find out in what way she is related to all those people with pretty big names and then how I am....

If anyone has any idea or could break it down for me I would be hugely grateful it's become a bit of an obsession lately :Banghead

Many thanks.

Attached Files:

#1 Royoyo, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  2. rottiepointerhouse

rottiepointerhouse PetForums VIP

Amongst the document is there no tree? Are you on Ancestry or Find my Past? I would be so excited to be able to trace any of my line back that far - mid 1700's is about as far back as I can get. It would appear you have some very important people in your line :)

Royoyo likes this.
  3. Smuge

Smuge PetForums VIP

I know more about my cat's family history than my own. Literally I know a bit about my great grandparents then all knowledge ends!

Must be great to be able to look back through hundreds of years

kimthecat and Royoyo like this.
  4. Royoyo

Royoyo PetForums VIP

Yes it is really exciting to be able to trace back so far! It's pretty much been all I've done with my free time for the past 4-5 months, I find it so interesting!

The other lines I've also only been able to get back to the 1700's and most of the records seem to either stop or I feel I can't be 100% sure that it is them.

He didn't provide me with a tree with the document but he added me to his tree on Ancestry and all I know is from that those two people are my 6x great grandparents. I've been trying to dig further with Elizabeth Parsons but a lot of the documents on her are old parish records and I really struggle to read the writing.

5. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

Can you link me to the parish records? It was ages ago since I did mine, but I got as far back at 1198, mainly just the bones though. Obviously that far back information dries up.. I have a fairly unusual surname though, so can be a bit more sure that the trail is accurate ... plus a coat of arms that matches our family crest helps to link up. :)

rottiepointerhouse and Royoyo like this.
  6. Royoyo

Royoyo PetForums VIP

That would be brilliant if you wouldn't mind?

I will find all the one's I have saved and printscreen them and put them here? Might take me a little while as there's a few!

Thanks LinznMilly

LinznMilly likes this.
  7. rottiepointerhouse

rottiepointerhouse PetForums VIP

I understand entirely - its one of my obsessions too, I was thrilled to meet on line a distant cousin researching the same family so we pooled resources which made ordering certificates etc much cheaper. I wrote an essay about them and won 1st prize in a family history society's magazine and have just been told its going in the archives in a county library.

LinznMilly and Royoyo like this.
  8. Royoyo

Royoyo PetForums VIP

Well done you, that's amazing and something i'd be very proud of!

rottiepointerhouse likes this.
  9. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't mind at all. If I can help, I will. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice