Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Family issues

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by piggybaker, May 13, 2010.

1. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

At christmas I went to my mums, my 19 year old nephew joined us, he is my brothers son, things between my eldest brother and the rest of the family have been under considerbly strain for the last 8 years and getting worse, his lady friend is not really our cup of tea, but she is my brother choice so we welcome her,

Now this lady has been and said some unkind and nasty things and she is very abrupt, personally i don't like her.well my brother has brought some land in france with her , they can't afford to build a house and are living in a caravan they have 3 horses they can't afford to feed she won't work, they owe mum and dad alot of money. And my nephew doesn't like her either and we have been told by his dad 9my brother) he has told her to f off and other things have happened.

So anyway back to christmas we were all sat round the table, now my nep is either really really stupid or he honestly doesn't know what has happened in the past,, personnally i believe he is thick:scared:, so he says to me are you going out to see dad in france I was like no way I don't want to spend a day with (i used her name), he was like why,, then i stupidly said Oh mate i really don't like her she loud and rude.

So imagine my suprise when a week later dad says to me did you say you didn't like so and so at the dinner table,, I was like yes,, it has only turned out my nephew had gone home and told her, so I send him a message on FB and say really could have done without the added strain on the relationship he returned the message saying, I am trying hard to get close to them again and felt she need to know you don't like her, i hate all the lies,,, I put him in his place and deleted him from my friend list..:mad:

So any way the reson for this is he has asked to be friends with me again on FB,, I just can't he has made me so angry, my brother has gone to live in france now and has not said goodbye, I now know we will never have a relationship again all because the twit had to try and stir up trouble to clear his conciouse:mad:.

what should i do, tell him to go away I am not interested, or just ignore the request and hope it goes away. I am so dissapointed in him.

ramble ramble ramble:D

#1 piggybaker, May 13, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
  2. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

i agree with you actually, Hes 19 not a child he knows when he shouldve kept his mouth shut to keep the peace as such.

I dislike a few "family" members but i tend to keep it to myself or have a bitch with my sisters who dont like them either (i know its nasty but sometimes you just need to vent the feelings!) and then move on and smile nicely when i see them.

I hope your brother can see past it.x

3. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

families!! who needs em eh!

My younger sis is a real trouble maker and we have been better off since we steered clear of her tbh.
    Troublemakers just arent worth the time of day!

4. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

I just don't know what to say to his FB request, do I say no way not on your nell or do i say when you've grown up a bit.

His dad and that women have moved to france and left him here, but I am worried he wants to make friends to still stir up trouble if it was you would you open the door again.

5. metame

metame PetForums VIP

has he even apologised?

in the end i think it coems down to your choice obviously, but if he hasnt even apologised i wouldnt be willing to accept him back as an fb friend.

6. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

No he has never apologised.:mad: he thinks he has the moral high ground because he told her the truth about how we feel:mad:
    little git

7. metame

metame PetForums VIP

then, if it was me, i wouldnt accept him just tell him where to get off. but thats just me (and noone else was actually answering your question so i just dived in with my opinion, sorry!)

piggybaker likes this.
  8. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

you go for it rep on the way for diving in LOL

9. metame

metame PetForums VIP

i dont normally just dive in! honest!
    but yeah.

it sounds like he's being a poo.

10. chrissielk

chrissielk PetForums Member

i wouldn't accept him. i would tell him how feel.

11. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

I agree with Metame. Just tell him no. Ok he is your nephew but he is 19 and is big and old enough to start learning from his mistakes imo.

12. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

I have just pressed the ignored button, think i will send him a message later, OMG what a coward am I, need to think i am going to put it to him without giving him any amo if you know what i mean.

13. kazschow

kazschow PetForums VIP

Personally, I'd ignore him, I wouldn't want to open up any possible dialogue with the little git LOL

14. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

yes I think that is good advice, Hubby has just said the same thing..

15. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

i would just ignore him and not bother to say anything

16. ChinaBlue

ChinaBlue PetForums VIP

It probably depends on whether you want to have any contact with your brother again in the future? You may only be able to do so through your nephew so it may be as well to err on the side of caution. If you feel you don't ever want to speak to your brother again and are also not bothered about the nephew, then by all means just ignore your nephew's overtures.

I suppose you could perhaps let him have an e-mail address but not allow him access to your Facebook page - the point being that by e-mail you can select what you want to tell him whereas with Facebook he could see what you are seeing/talking about with your friends so you could just press that Ignore button.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice