Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

False Pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by Amandaleigh1214, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Amandaleigh1214

Amandaleigh1214 PetForums Newbie

Hello. I have a female Persian doll face who had a mate for several days Aug 18. She is a smaller sized cat and 18 months old. This is her first pregnancy. Anyway she never did get much bigger and her nipples haven't changed a whole lot. Just a bit pinker. We assumed she wasn't pregnant but she hasn't gone back into heat. It is fall here and getting colder but she is indoor only. Yesterday I noticed a small amount of clear fluid from her nipples, I checked several and they are all producing a small amount. I lightly felt her belly but definitely doesn't feel like kittens. I am calling the vet in the morning but they are not taking appointments unless an emergency. Any advice? She would be due real soon. Oct 22nd. Think she could be carrying just one or so?

Attached Files:

2. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

No real need to vet her, either she will be pregnant or she won't. Singletons can run several days overdue as well.

Generally you can still see and feel a single kitten.

David C likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice