Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

faith in humanity/good deed

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gem88, Nov 15, 2013.

1. gem88

gem88 PetForums VIP

i work in customer services for a multi drop courier and had a phone call this afternoon from a poor woman almost in tears because he parcel had been delivered on monday but she hadnt received it.

turned out our driver had done nothing wrong he had delivered to the correct address but the senders had put the wrong one on!! to be fair it was only 4 doors up but when she said about this house's reputation i understood why she didnt really want to go round and get it.

i had started to say as nicely as possible that it wasnt our fault, the driver had technically correctly delivered but she needed to take it up with her senders. i felt awful but i wasnt going to send the driver back. she then said she had taken it up with them they'd taken over £100 of her money, this was a present for her daughter, the messed up the address. i couldnt say no after that so rang the driver who had delivered it, explained everything and he said he'd go back if he had 5 minutes

2 hours later i get a phone call from upstairs, the woman had called back. apparently full of praises and thanks coz the driver had been back to get it from the address and delivered it to her :001_tt1: bless him.

have u had any stories of having your faith restored in humanity?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice