Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Facebook

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bird, Mar 31, 2011.

1. bird

bird PetForums VIP

I've just had a friends request from someone I don't know. I've checked with the girls and family and they don't know them either. His profile is set for friends etc only so how can I message him to ask him who he is. :confused: Or should I just ignore him. :D

2. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

I'd ignore them if i were you :s i only ever accept people i know now

3. Gilly and Jess

Gilly and Jess PetForums Senior

Ignore. You can actually click on something on the request that sends a message to facebook to say that you don't know the person, and I think it stops them requesting you again in the future. ;)

4. ClaireLouise

I would block and ignore. Im carefull regarding facebook. There are several profile spies around :eek:

5. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

I would ignore if you dont know them at all, if they knew you they would of sent a message along with the request. xxxxx

6. danielled

danielled Guest

Block and ignore them.

7. Sarah+Hammies

Sarah+Hammies PetForums VIP

Definitely ignore them! allsorts goes on in the world of facebook! Only add people that you know xxx

8. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

Ignore them, theres a few scams on facebook that try to get women with money.

9. bird

bird PetForums VIP

:lol: :lol: :lol: and they have possibly tried it with me. :blink: Don't they know we've just paid the winter fuel bills. :rolleyes:

10. noogsy

noogsy PetForums VIP

IGNORE,
    your facebook is for your friends,
    dont do anything you arent comfortable with.
    its your happy place:D:D:D

11. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

If I get a request I dont recognise I send a message to say Im sorry but I don't recognise you.. How do you know me..

I got a reply once saying 'I just seen you on my friends list.. Thought you looked nice so thought I would have a try'.. :lol:

I replied a message laughing about it.. amazingly we got chatting.. he sent me another message 'now I have got my feet under the table are you going to let me be your friend'.. :lol:

I accepted, and you know I have some right laughs with him.. and we even exchanged numbers.. He has a lovely Rottweiler and has eventually got a lovely girlfriend and she chats with me too.. I know.. very Random.. :lol: And you know he lives no where near me..

12. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

Kiddie Winkies site...don't use it. About as secure as a chastity belt on Paris Hilton.

13. metame

metame PetForums VIP

are you pink?

14. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

You could say that.. But people only know what you put on there.. :) Also You can have it so no one can search you as I now have it.. :) Unless you are on my actual friendds list you can't view my pictures view anything about me..

Its a great place to make people aware of things that happen whether its a stolen dog.. Or a young lad that has gone missing..

15. ClaireLouise

I agree,

FB is as safe as you make it, I removed anyone I dont really know. The few ive got on I dont know well have restricted access to my profile and oly family and friends can see it all.

16. Tell the sad f@uk to go find a *real* friend then press what ever buttons required.

17. :lol: Nigerian perhaps with a server in the bedroom big and powerful enough to keep Santander on line :rolleyes:

18. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

Even the people you know arent trustworthy sadly!
    I put a status on last week saying
    "Had a checkup with the midwife as the baby wasnt moving as much. Turns out he has turned round so his back is facing out the way and here I am worrying lol! He's fine x"

Someone went back and said to my mum and sister I'd put on FB the baby had stopped moving and was in hospital :eek: Queue me and OH getting frantic phonecalls with my mum and sister crying, i hate troublemakers :mad:

19. More sad f@cks with nothing better to do with their lives.

Would it not have been better if you had just actually spoke to your mum and sister, like real *speaking* so they could have told the drama lamas to get a life when they phoned them?

20. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Ignore him I only add people I know

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice