Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

facebook sites

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by emma_esplanade, Apr 18, 2011.

1. emma_esplanade

emma_esplanade PetForums Junior

does any one agree that it is scary how many people on these facebook sites are looking for 'free/cheap' dogs regardless of what breed/size they are etc? i know times are hard and most of us are feeling the pinch but surely if you are struggling to find the money for a dog - how are you likely to be able to pay for injections/chipping etc. What's even worse is when people say they don't want a rescue cos don't want to have homechecks. I wish i didn't feel compelled to look at these sites as i just end up annoyed - but can't halp myself!

2. lucysnewmum

lucysnewmum PetForums Senior

there is concern amongst us trainers that some of these people are looking to obtain dogs and use them as bait dogs for training fighting dogs!!!!
    wherever possible....many of us now email owners advertising dogs for free and alerting them to the possibilites that their dog might not end up in the home they would want for it!
    scary world out there!
    :nono:

3. CAstbury

CAstbury PetForums VIP

Instead of looking at those sites - if you have any spare time - look at the sites that are asking for people to help with transporting dogs to new homes etc.

I help out with transport runs and it is very satisfying to know you have helped save a dog from being pts.

They need all the help they can get :D

It winds me up reading the other sites :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice