Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Eyebrow threading

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jo1234, May 10, 2010.

1. jo1234

jo1234 PetForums Member

:confused: Has anyone ever had their eyebrows threaded? Would you recommend it? There is an Asian beauty salon near me charging £4 (compared to Frasers/Debenhams £14!) and thinking of trying it but am a bit of a wimp with pain!

2. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

ive seen it been done....theres someone in the middle of town here in Lincoln and also in Grimsby doing it. it doesnt seem to be painfull...not seen anyone screaming, crying or running away from it lol

3. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Its not painful, not anymore than plucking.

Anyone who charges more than £5 is ripping you off, I do it myself. Its just a bit of thread in a loop, twisted and you use your fingers to move the twist along. I'm a bit chicken and worry I will wreck my eyebrows or catch an eyelash, but its saveable if you do, you can get the hairs out before you pull them if you notice!

Go for it if you want, £4 isn't bad :)

4. tordis

tordis PetForums Senior

I had it done a couple of times and it's so much better than waxing (I have very dry skin on my face and it peels off after waxing). But I would only recommend it to someone whose brows are thick and dark. It's perfect for those who have bushy eyebrows, not so perfect for those with fair and thin ones.

5. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

i agree, i have fair and thin, and i just pluck mine myself becuase if i miss a few no one can see unless they are in my face and my OH still doesnt notice then :thumbup:

6. jo1234

jo1234 PetForums Member

Thanks for the replies peeps!:)

Tinsley-ouch I could never do that myself-I'm bad enough plucking!

I have fair hair/eyebrows and quite pale skin so my eyebrows aren't too obvious-don't need to do too much with them but just fancied a new shape and a bit of a tidy up!

Will maybe give it a go anyway-nothing to lose!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice