Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Eye Problems

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Nibbler, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Nibbler

Nibbler PetForums Newbie

My Border Collie is just over 9 years old and has over the past couple of days started to walk into a lot of things.

I have checked her eyes and they are cloudy and react very slowly to light change, also the whites of her eyes are very bloodshot. Is there a possibility that she has gone blind or could it just be an infection?

It just seems a bit bizzare as it seems to have come on just in the past two or three days and it has been very hot. Could it be connected to the heat?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

3. Dr.Marie

Dr.Marie PetForums Member

I agree...We do sometimes see age related changes that can cause vision loss, but what you have described sounds like something more acute and potentially a serious problem. If the whites of the eyes are red then there is definitely some type of medical problem. I would be concerned about infection, uveitis or glaucoma.

With eye problems it is always best to be safe rather than sorry and get them dealt with immediately!

Dr. Marie.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice