Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Extra Weight or Wrinkles??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MoggyBaby, Aug 28, 2013.

?

Extra Weight or Wrinkles

1. I would rather have a toned, tight body with wrinkles.

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. I would rather carry extra weight and have fewer wrinkles.

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  1. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Which would you prefer???

Last night I was watching a programme and there was an actress on who is 5 years older than me. She still has a great tight, fit body on her but her face was not carrying her age so well. In fact, facially, she was looking a bit rough.

I couldn't help but think that if she had a bit more weight on her, her face would not have been so 'drawn' looking.

So it got me to wondering.... What would most folks rather have? A body that is well fit and toned but a load or wrinkles? Or would you prefer to carry a bit of extra poundage and have a smoother complexion?

This is just for fun and in no way will constitute as a scientific experiment...!!! :lol: :lol:

2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Though I've put a fit body, I except quite happily that I have got the middle age thickening :D

Wrinkles hardly ever give a person issues whereas weight can cause all sorts of health problems.

3. porps

porps Swollen Member

i could do with some extra weight, if it meant i'd get less wrinkles too then bring it on. win/win

4. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

But if you consider how many folks now do botox to eliminate wrinkles, they could cause health issues. :D

5. Holtie

Holtie PetForums VIP

I admit to carrying a little extra weight but for my age I do not have any wrinkles so I am happy with that :)

6. rona

rona Still missing my boys

But that's injecting poison into themselves, nothing to do with the wrinkles :p

7. grumpy goby

grumpy goby Grumpy wench.

My nan has amazingly good skin for an 80yo, but she is also heavy and she has allsorts of problems. 2 knee replacements, dodgy ankles, her legs swell up, she struggles to get up and down - compared to my other nan who is smaller, wrinklier but also 100times more mobile and independant and a good 8 yrs older! She still takes herself off to Bingo and on london buses to go to town.

So I would definatly go for the body and wrinkles!

8. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

I am getting on a bit now! I don`t bother with any sort of anti-wrinkle cream, but I am still careful with what I eat and exercise to maintain a reasonably toned shape, so for me it is wrinkles over weight.

9. Spellweaver

Spellweaver PetForums VIP

Why can't we just accept that age is inevitable? It comes to us all. Why do we have to subscribe to the media-fed idea that we have to keep young-looking at all costs?

Why can't we just accept that there is beauty in age, beauty in a face lined with wrinkles? It's a different kind of beauty to young, smooth skin - but it is beauty, nevertheless. It is a beauty made up of wisdom and experience, of living life, of experiencing joy and sorrow, happiness and pain.

I would much rather see someone with wrinkles than someone who cannot even smile or talk properly becasue of a face full of botox.

10. Aurelie

Aurelie PetForums VIP

I'd definately take the wrinkles over the extra weight.

11. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

I just wanted to post similar poll...but got distracted by politics...

I am a stone more now...and more 10-12 size than 8-10 as I used to be:eek:...

and possibly can loose that stone..but I remember times when I lost lots of weight (too much work!) and suddenly looked ill and felt cold...
    :(
    but then I was about 8 stones so deffo too thin...

so please.tell me what should I do?...get back to 9 stones..or be happy with 10?

missRV likes this.
  12. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

Just be happy Cheeky, just be happy. Difficult to do in your present situation I know. Don`t worry about wrinkles or weight just keep cuddling that little Podenco x of yours:)

13. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

how much extra weight ? cos.. if its just a lil bit I'd take that, but if its like masses amounts where you cant even find the remote when its on your stomache, then i'd take wrinkles lol.

14. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

You are already a healthy weight. (going by if thats OZ sizing lol )

15. Alice Childress

Alice Childress PetForums VIP

If you are a size 10-12 at 10 stone then evidently you are not overweight at your current weight. I vote for being happy with 10. Eat what you want, when you want (ie whenever you are hungry), stop when you are full, and eat consciously. If you really listen to your body, then you will be the weight that is healthiest for you.

16. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

what if remote gets lost in ya wrinkles?

Waterlily likes this.
  17. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Id go for extra weight rather then wrinkles. Not for reasons of vanity though.
    Assuming we are just talking abit of extra padding then its going to be better for you when you are a frail old lady so you will have a cushion for if you ever get ill (or fall over!:D).

18. Goblin

Goblin PetForums VIP

Depends on the level of "extra weight". If it impacts health it's an issue far worse than than wrinkles. If it doesn't do either wrinkles or a bit of weight really matter. We all get older.

19. missRV

missRV PetForums VIP

It depends on how much extra weight we're talking. I've recently lost 6stone and gone down from a size 22 to a 12. I've not got extra skin from my weight loss but I'm only 27. My goal dress size is a 10.

If you're asking, would people rather be a size 12 and no wrinkles or a size 10 and wrinkles I'd say size 12 with no wrinkles but I'd rather be a 10 with wrinkles than the 22 I used to be with perfect skin.

#19 missRV, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    cheekyscrip likes this.
  20. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I think its something you notice more on actresses TBH. After a certain age, if they dont have a little padding, then they start to look all gaunt with parchment skin. Also they get weirdly wrinkled knees and wrists and other unexpected places!:huh:
    Personally Id rather have the wrinkles then be the size of a barrage balloon which I am at the moment!:eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice