Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Exporting puppies

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by alaun, Aug 7, 2009.

1. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

Hi

I've just had an enquiry about my puppies from a couple in America. After the usual vetting they do seem suitable, however, I've never exported a puppy and don't know the procedures.
    Has anybody on here had experience of exporting or can anyone point me in the direction of websites with good advice.

Thanks

Alaun

2. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

I have just recently exported one of my pups to Spain.
    Are you exporting to a show home? if so you need an export pedigree form from the KC.
    You then have to fill in your part on the export form and the change of ownership form and then send the paperwork on to the new owner for them to sign and also for them to put their card details for payments.

You also need to find out if the part of America wwere the pertential new owner lives are covered for the pet passport otherwise you will be looking at 6 months quarentine. depending on your breed the pet passport all in all cost us £169 this you can find out through the vet.

I then got intouch with everal different animal shipping companies for quotes, if you supply your own crate it can sometimes work out a little cheaper.

I went with WELCOME TO THE INTERNET HOME OF JET SET PETS they got me the best quote.

If I can be of any more help just pm me.

take care

Sarah

3. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

Thanks very much sarah - that's been a lot of help. I've asked hubby to print the forms from the kennel club so we can have a good look at them tonight.

Alaun:)

4. Yogi B

Yogi B PetForums Member

5. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

Really useful Yogi, thank you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice