Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Explorer Cage

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by princesslea, Mar 26, 2011.

1. princesslea

princesslea PetForums Member

Hiya

Just wondering if anyone uses an Explorer cage for their ratties. I'm thinking of using it as two cages and putting my 4 boys in one half and my two girls (when i get them) in the other half. I just wanted to know if

a) The cage is easy to separate
    b) Are the bars properply powder coated, they look a bit speckled, I was wondering if the pee can make it smell
    c) can you still use ferplast corner shelves as the bars look quite narrow.

Hopefully somebody can help

Thanks

Shell x

2. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Personally I'd mesh the in-between bit if you were going to have girls in one half, boys in the other...the trays don't fit extremely snugly in place, so there's a gap, which I wouldn't put past my own girls to squeeze through in order to get to the boys.

I haven't really noticed my cage smelling too bad...I've had it for about 2 and a half years now. And I'm sure other people use ferplast shelves for them...

3. Petitepuppet

Petitepuppet PetForums VIP

I agree with Argent that the space inbetween needs to be meshed. I had one of the ladders cable tied over the hole when I had both my boys and girls in the explorer. I havnt noticed a smell of pee with my explorers either. Ferplast corner shelves cannot be attached with the normal wee plastic screws but I have mine on the cable ties. You need two people to get them on.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice