Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

expecting mum and second cat?

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by emma1981, May 10, 2010.

1. emma1981

emma1981 PetForums Newbie

i belive my cat to be around 5 - 6 weeks expecting
    ive read up loads about neutrition, nesting boxes etc but my question is about my other resident cat and dog.

the cats have a safe room as it is with a stair gate so they can be away from the muttly if he decides to play, but when mum starts to nest its advised to seperate the queen from all other animals - what is the best way to do this? apart from shutting her in the room which will stress her out how can i stop the other cat from disturbing her? should i keep them in seperate rooms? they are inseperable and the one that is expecting is never far behind big cat. and oddly she has grown attached to the dog she will follow him around and rubs against him

how do you keep your other animals from bothering a queen?

2. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

My cats always have their babies upstairs and we always keep the dogs down stairs

3. rhian d

rhian d PetForums Senior

hey i dont know much about breeding only what i have read on here from others and i know people in the same situation have been told that they dont need to separate the queen from other cats until the last few days i hope this helps and im sure someone will be along soon with some more helpful advice for you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice