Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Expected prices

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by Cat_Crazy, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

Hi Everyone.

Me again with yet another question!

I have a couple of Birman kittens of breed / show quality that I am currently interested in and wondered how much should I be budgeting for.

I know that it can vary a lot but if anyone can give me a rough guideline.

With Nala I paid pet price and the breeder was happy to put her on the active as she was very keen for her to be taken to a show but I know that some breeders add additional costs on for active registered kittens.

Thanks
    Rebecca

2. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

I paid an additional £100 for "show" potential Birman. I don't know if that would be inclusive of an active register, I would imagine so. So I would expect the going rate to be between £450 & £550. But I have heard of queens going for much more in some breeds???

3. ChinaBlue

ChinaBlue PetForums VIP

If you look on the various Birman breed club sites I would imagine they would give a "guideline" as to what you would be looking to pay though that would vary slightly I guess depending on area.

4. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Breed price is about £425 - £475 (I personally wouldn't charge any more than that and neither would my mentor) i.e UP TO a hundred more than pet. Personally I wouldn't charge more for show as it is free advertising. Let me kno if you find anything and I'll letyou know if I know them or not or the lines etc.

5. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

That is about what I expected actually so that's fine.

Thanks for the advice

6. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

pet & show neuter price whould be pet price, and I was told that breed price is around £500-550?

7. Saikou

Saikou PetForums VIP

I would look for a breeder who charges the same for pet/show or breed personally. I have never paid more for a breed queen or for a show quality cat come to that. My foundation siamese queen became a Gr Ch, multiple BIS and easily raised 5 gorgeous litters. I still would not have paid more for her though, because it could so easily have been a different story as happened with an older and younger sister.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice