Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

expanding lily and rose's indoor house.

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by xshelly_stanliex, Apr 30, 2011.

1. xshelly_stanliex

xshelly_stanliex PetForums VIP

Im looking to expande lily & rose'e indoor housing, at the moment they just have there hutch in the garage, i let them have a good run around in there whilst i am there to supervise, but i want to make/buy a run to put around the hutch so they have more space all the time, when they are not in the garden run.

does anyone have any ideas on where to get any good runs panels etc from to do this.

Also teh floor in concret so i want to get something to put down on the ground where there new run will be so that they dont pee etc on the concret and make it smell also to make it easier to clean etc.

Any ideas guys ?

Thanks in advance Michelle :) x

2. purple_x

purple_x PetForums VIP

Runs & Fencing for Small Pets at zooplus
    There are panels and runs here. Good prices too.

For the floor you could put newspaper down with a duvet cover or blanket over the top. Or use an old piece of carpet.
    Or get a piece of lino and put that under the run, this would be easy to wipe clean if they wee on it and will be easy to sweep up any hay.

3. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

The best way of making a run is just with timber and mesh, panels are much more expencive and it wont be the exact size you want :)
    Focus DIY does wood which is 38mmX38mm and its £12 for 4 batons of 2.4 meters, thats what I use! You will need galvernised mesh not chicken wire :)
    And you'll need alot of 3 inch screws!

As for the floor, I'm not sure what you could use, I actually use slabs in my run, laminate flooring in the shed.

*Heidi*

4. xshelly_stanliex

xshelly_stanliex PetForums VIP

Thanks for the replys guys :)

I was thinking of making my own panels so it would be the size i want. i think i want it quite high but would like a door on it, not asking too much pmsl. have managed to find a guy who makes panels.
    Panels To Make Run For Chicken/Rabbit/Dog/Ferret etc | eBay UK

do you think they look any good ???

i was thinking if i get some of them i can screw them together and get some hinges and a lock.

The vinyl is a great idea
    14 BEECH END OF ROLL 1.10m x 2m NO RESERVE on eBay (end time 01-May-11 23:34:00 BST)

Do you think that will be any good?

Thanks Michelle x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice