UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
19,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Tiger Next Door « Retrieverman's Weblog

good articles + info; terrible idea, :thumbdown: tigers as PETS :mad:
stoopid humans... also this asinine idea that WHITE tigers are endangered, what cr*p.

WHITE tigers are extremely inbred to get the blue-eyes + white/black stripes...
needless to say, this is not a highly-successful color in the wild.
ALL of these cats in captivity trace back to ** one ** male, captured as a young adult.
they will NOT be re-introducing -white tigers- to the Indian subcontinent. :rolleyes:

and every cage in an ACCREDITED * ZOO given up to a &%$#@! white tiger is a cage that COULD house
a genuinely-endangered, genetically-valuable tiger, who could help maintain a solidly-diverse captive popn. :nonod:

white tigers are *popular* in captivity - they are NOT a species, a subspecies or a natural strain.
they are merely a color-variant, like the diff between a yellow, liver, or black Labrador. * whoopee... *

if yer neighbor gets a tiger - call Animal Control. :thumbup1: tigers do not belong in backyard pens, IMO.
[Texas has more Captive Tigers in private ownership than all of INDIA has in the wild... scary, eh?]

--- terry

·
Banned
19,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IF my neighbour gets a tiger i'm gonna be too busy running to call anyone! :eek:
:lol: when U get to a safe-spot, pull out ya cell-phone, and be sure U have ACC on the contacts-list *before* U need em!
:D i hope yer sound in wind + limb, and agile - wouldn't want U to go tail over teacup on the course... ;)
--- terry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.