Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Exercise

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by kiara, Jun 27, 2009.

1. kiara

kiara PetForums VIP

Hi all.

What do you all do for exercising your bunnies on a wet day like this when they cant go outside? :confused:

Thanks

2. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Well my two Netherlands have runs attached to their hutches so they can go in and out as they please. When it's warm they sometimes like to sit out in the rain.:laugh: We shut them in after dark though and then let them out at 7 the next morning on weekdays and a bit later at weekends.

3. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

I have just let "the 3" out for a run around for 10-15 minutes while it wasnt raining, at least its something. Mercedes and Mclaren have had the run of shed and outside all day so they are ok. Hope just doesnt care :p
    "the 3" were out in their run yesterday while I was at work and it rained, luckily i have put plastic sheeting over all of one side, and down the sides so that it is protected. When i got home they wernt wet at all, but I wouldnt put them out today because it said it was going to rain.

*Heidi*

4. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

Mine love the rain they think it is great but at the moment you don't really want a wet bun with all the flys around.
    Mine are all in runs rather than hutches so I do not have a problem if they do not get out for a day but if you have no area for dry exercise then one day will not hurt them.

5. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Before I got my run built, I brought my two in to the house every single night. They loved it. Made a terrible mess - but I didn't mind cleaning it up. If I hadn't brought in food and hay and water and a loo - the house would not have been so messy!! LOL

6. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Leo is an indoor bunny anyway so he gets exercised racing the dogs up and down stairs and hopping up on furniture generally in a sneak attack on a sandwhich or yoghurt pot thats been left there. He does go outside but he's not too bothered about it.

7. Lisa Franklin

Lisa Franklin PetForums Junior

My two come into the house for a run about, they love it and they like having our company as well.

8. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

i put a cover over the run so they can still go out, although they do enjoy the rain. i its really tipping it down though i will bring them in for a run. at my old house they would have had the run of the conservatory on really wet/cold days.

9. kiara

kiara PetForums VIP

thanks for all your replys.
    i would really like to let him run around in doors but im worried about my dogs or cats hurting him. none of my animals are aggressive at all but my dogs are terriers, jack russell, border terrier and staffie. my border loves to chase the cats but doesnt hurt them. my jack licks the rabbit through the cage and my staffie cries to see the rabbit. i dont know how to go about introducing them??????

10. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

Lola, Rosie and Ady all have attached runs, the babies have a run set up in the garage for cold rainy days and poppet has the run of the house :rolleyes:

11. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

hmm, I would worry aswell about putting a rabbit in the same house as terriers to be honest, even supervised, they are bred to chase arnt they. I cant really help with advice on how to introduce them because I have a German Shepherd who runs away from mine! Is there anyway you could have the rabbit in one room and the dogs not get in there?

*Heidi*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice