Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Exema

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by jeanie, Nov 22, 2007.

1. jeanie

jeanie PetForums VIP

Hi, can anyone give me some advice my gsd has Exema Sorry not sure how to spell it , he is going to vet every couple of weeks but its not improving its just round his eye no breaks in skin just fur loss, they keep injecting him and give me shampoo that dosent seem to do any good at all, i was wondering if i can help at home by doing anything, thanks,:(

2. carol

carol PetForums VIP

one of my friends dogs had something like that in the end they gave him steriod cream
    cleared it up

3. jeanie

jeanie PetForums VIP

Thanks Carol. maybe i can ask them if it would help, cause what they are giving me does no good at all, just shampoo to use every day , yet i read on net you shouldnt bath dogs with Exema very often, and i worry about the injections all the time sure they can t be doing his blood any good thanks again.

4. carol

carol PetForums VIP

sound like the shampoo they gave you is for mange what the foxes have is it greeny/blue colour
    if not happy i would ask them to refer you to a animal hospital

5. may

may PetForums VIP

Have you thought of Homeopathic remedies ?
    I can recommend someone if you like:)

6. carol

carol PetForums VIP

yeah give them ago i give mine homeopathic stuff if need it works on them

7. andrea 35

andrea 35 PetForums VIP

Hi there , I get a little excema from time to time and also as a hairdresser I see lots of people with young babies with cradle cap ( bad form of dry scalp ) one thing i find works great on both ,and there is no reason why it wont work on dogs also, is extra virgin olive oil. At room temperature with clean fingers just massage a little into the affected area ,wash hands after each eye so you dont cross infect incase its not excema . Do this at least twice a day best time is before bed so it stands less chance of being rubbed off on the carpet and it will absorb over night see how it looks after about a week . as new skin can take up to 28 days to devellop you may need to persevere for a while but this is natural and cannot harm the eye area , and as it will keep the area supple it should prevent the irritation that is so uncompfortable with excema .

8. jeanie

jeanie PetForums VIP

Hi Everone thank you all for the help you have given me , i am going to try all your suggestions one at once , i have been to vets this morning and they now only want us back once a month, and just to use the shampoo so i will have time to try everything at home they say he will grow out of it as lots of young gsds get emema , but im still going to try all, as hes not comforable with it, i notice this afternoon while brushing him he has a couple of breaks on his chest also , so thank you again for all your help :)

9. jeanie

jeanie PetForums VIP

Hi May, i would be gratful if you can recomend someone for me, maybe on the net so i can buy thank you very much.

10. Tina

Tina Guest

I use NU-stock on my staffy for his fur loss which is very good but hard to find its on ebay sometimes its a horse and dog cream

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice