Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Excuses

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Barney, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Barney

Barney PetForums VIP

Swine Flu already being used by loads of people to get a few days off work! causing arguments already bout people not really avin it

Whats ya best excuse you av used for not going to work?

2. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

I've only used one excuse. I've been throwing up all morning :D

3. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

ive never made up an excuse not to go to work & my OH never had a day off in 18 yrs until he almost got crushed with a fork lift, he would never have a day off unless he was genuine

4. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Since i been working i have been in ever day that im ment to..Apart from one day witch i was genuinly ill..
    I wouldnt be able to lie to them! Just for a sneaky day off :blush: Plus i enjoy the work i do!

5. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Ok...this is not an excuse it really happened!

In my old flat our bedroom door handle had broken so we said we would sleep with it open until we fixed it the next day cos if you shut it u could not open it from the inside.......anyway! no surprises in the night one of us must have got up to go to the toilet and then shut it!! got up to get ready for work next morning and hey presto!! LOCKED IN!:D luckily had phone in bedroom so phoned work and told em couldnt make it in as had to wait for my dad to come and then break in to get in front door and get us out!! they pis*ed them selves laughing:smilewinkgrin::D

animallover111 likes this.
  6. Barney

Barney PetForums VIP

There are loads of people like that but there are a few thats already jumped on the bandwagon ;)

7. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

i dont have time off unless its really bad. i wont go if im throwing up because id have to keep running to the bathroom lol. but iv been to work with normal flu and i would never pretend to be ill to get time off. thats just tempting fate.

8. 3 red dogs

3 red dogs PetForums VIP

My Top 5 Favourites Are

1) Sorry Boss I can't come into work today...my spirit guide says work is for losers!

2)When I got up this morning, I took two Ex-lax in addition to my Prozac. I can't get off the Bog, but I feel good about it.

3)If it is all the same to you I won't be coming in to work. The voices told me to clean all the guns today.

4)Constipation has made me a walking time bomb.

5)I just found out that I was switched at birth. Legally, I shouldn't come to work, knowing my employee records may now contain false information.

Most of these i have used on more then one occasion, to the delight of my former bosses!

9. Barney

Barney PetForums VIP

Normally with any1 else i would say no way but knowin you Suze i can believe it lol

10. Barney

Barney PetForums VIP

They classics mate i am makin a note of em lol

11. animallover111

Because i work from home and for myself i dont have to worry about excuses and time off..........so im boring really.....:)

12. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

:001_tt2:Cheeky! :D;) I have only seriously had 2 days off work for being ill in 5 years!!!! cos I get an attendance bonus that we lose if we have a day off:rolleyes: but I didnt lose it that day :Dxxxx

13. Barney

Barney PetForums VIP

Are you any better Michelle?

14. Barney

Barney PetForums VIP

I used to get attendance bonus at Coldseal but that still dint help some of em lol mind ya they were the thick 1s lol

15. animallover111

Yeah im starting to feel like michelle again thanks........xx

16. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

Glad your home how you feeling:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice