Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Excitement! Adopting new boys!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Babyshoes, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Babyshoes

Babyshoes PetForums Senior

I'm so excited, we met a couple of young boys at a small local rescue yesterday. We moved into a large house just before Christmas and decided that we now have space for more cats. There is also a garden and no busy roads too close by, so they will be able to go out in time.

The were both so lovely we decided (after a lot of discussion between us and the rescuer) that they would both come to live with us! We collect them on Friday...

It's going to be a slow introduction process between them and our older cat Macavity - though they both like other cats they don't know eachother yet. The rescue will begin the introduction process between them this week, as their cages are close together anyway. She will let them have a bit of play time together and scent swap a bit.

Macavity hasn't lived with other cats but gets on well with our ferrets and is definitely interested in the neighbourhood cats he sees out the window. He's grown in confidence since we moved - he will now greet strange humans, so I think he'll be fine. We brought home a couple of things with the others' scent on to begin scent swapping, and he was interested but not apparently concerned.

Photos below (2 from rescue page...)

This boy is currently named Enzo, we think his new name will be Mishka, because he reminds us of a little bear. He's around 8 - 9 months old. You can't tell in the photo, but he has big paws! FB_IMG_1549828307188.jpg

This boy is currently called PJ, which is my cousin's nickname so definitely needs to change! We're thinking Jellybean suits him. He's around 11 months old. FB_IMG_1549828272484.jpg

This is our boy Macavity. He's around 2.5 years old. I hope he likes his new brothers!
    IMG_20190122_221943.jpg

FAW56, Jannor, Jaf and 10 others like this.
  2. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Aw, they look lovely:Cat
    Good getting a head start with scent swapping:cool:

Babyshoes likes this.
  3. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

How exciting!

They are gorgeous! Stand by your life is about the chance BIG TIME:D

Babyshoes likes this.
  4. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

They are gorgeous and its very exciting having new cats. Hope Macavity will like his new pals.

Babyshoes likes this.
  5. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

They're beautiful. I'm fascinated by Jellybean's paws:D

Babyshoes likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice