Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Excited

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ForestWomble, Dec 1, 2019.

1. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

It's going well on the flat, the only problem I'm having is hills. Going down is a bit scary at the moment and I'm struggling if I have to stop when going up a hill as, depending on how steep it is, it can be a bit tricky getting going again.

lullabydream likes this.
  2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Is it just practice or a bit of lack of power? You don't look as if you are heavy :D

ForestWomble likes this.
  3. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Do you have a speed control on it, going down hill just put it on the lowest speed and you should be OK. going up hill if you stop, put on a higher speed and it should be OK, that's how my scooter works.

4. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

It's just practise, I forgot that when you start on a hill, or if the hill gets a bit steep to lean forward to give the front wheel more grip and, as Happy Paws2 says below, to increase speed.

Yes, I have speed control, thank you, I forgot that you need to increase speed on hill starts.
    On one steep downhill bit I just rolled down, using the break when needed, just something else to learn :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice