UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Excited

4K views 63 replies 13 participants last post by  ForestWomble 
#1 ·
Some of you might remember about 3 months ago I had a trial run of an electric add on for my self propel wheelchair. Well, I decided to go ahead, I paid the deposit and the last 10 weeks or so have been going by really slowly, but finally I'm expecting a phone call tomorrow to arrange delivery! :Woot
So hopefully I'll have it in the next week or two. :Happy

#3 ·
I saw a guy with one the other day - they're brilliant!

I'm sure it'll make getting around easier.
Oh cool, yes they are.

I'm sure it will :) I just need to practise, get used to the controls and teach Bungo to walk nicely next to me, then we can be the terror of the pavements ;)
It'll mean I can move at a better pace for Bungo too and I can give my poor shoulder a rest, I've been having some trouble self propelling lately, hopefully a rest will sort it out.

#7 ·
Not promising anything, but the people I'm getting it from seem to video you trying it out for the first time and upload to their facebook page, so you might get to see that.
I will upload a photo or two, or ten though :D

#20 ·
No phonecall yet, not even an email or something to let me know what's going on :(

This is really starting to worry me .......

#24 ·
I've just emailed. Hopefully all is OK.
Will update when I hear.

Reactions: rona
#28 ·
Have you told them how upset it's making you?

You should you know. They need to realise what impact they are having on clients
Fingers crossed they reply to your email soon. Hopefully its as simple as something like a delay but if thats the case it would of been nice of them to let you know.
Thank you all.

I've heard back, the person who was supposed to contact me and do the delivery (lets call them M) has a genuine reason for not having been able to (accident), their business partner (J) has promised that if M isn't able to do the delivery soon, he (J) will do it instead.
Haven't been given a time scale so just got to hope it'll be before Christmas.

I haven't said anything yet @rona but have every intention to once the delivery is complete and I do the satisfaction survey.

#35 ·
Thank you everyone. :Joyful

I won't forget, I've already written a reminder on my calender to make sure my camera battery is fully charged and the memory card is empty.

#40 · (Edited)
Well, it arrived late morning, I've got a photo for you:
Wheel Tire Wheelchair Automotive tire Bicycle tire

We did take a video but the first one I need to see if I can work out how to edit it, and the second one we tried was recording when we thought it wasn't and wasn't recording when we thought it was :Hilarious
So I will see what I can do with the first and if I can make something workable it'll be up and running as soon as I can, otherwise we will try again but it won't be until Christmas.

#42 ·
Well, it arrived late morning, I've got a photo for you:
View attachment 426230

We did take a video but the first one I need to see if I can work out how to edit it, and the second one we tried was recording when we thought it wasn't and wasn't recording when we thought it was :Hilarious
So I will see what I can do with the first and if I can't make something workable it'll be up and running as soon as I can, otherwise we will try again but it won't be until Christmas.
That looks brilliant! Such a simple idea but so useful. How was bungo with it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.