Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Evie's First Outing! Chaos as Predicted..

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jess2308, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

Evie pup had her first outing today - to the vets for her first vaccs! She went with her "mum" Maya who was getting her rabies vaccs and my god, what a stressful experience!

Firstly, Evie was SO excited she was just bouncing all over the place, she's a wriggly little thing :lol: Then, in comes a JRT that promptly starts growling at everyone and launching itself at the end of the lead - they sat next to us :eek: Well, cue Evie going into stereotypical chihuahua mode and barking back at the JRT :blink: She wasnt bothered at all, I think she was under the impression it was playing :rolleyes: Well, Maya was NOT happy, had a bit of a growl at t'other dog then tried to grab Evie off me and wouldnt settle until I let her have Evie RIGHT next to her :lol:

Anyway, finally got in for our appointment and Evies vaccs were first. Drama queen that she is HOWLED while the injection was done, then continued howling for quite some time after. This upset Maya no end, I think half of it was her concerned for her baby and half concerned about what on earth was going to happen to her! She kept jumping off the table so my mum took Evie out of the room, then Maya went nuts and was off running around the room to find her :blink:

Finally got her injection done with no fuss at all, she didnt even notice it. But to say I was relieved when it was over would be an understatement :rolleyes: Maya is still in a strop and has been scratching at her next since we came home :rolleyes::

BUT, on a plus side, Evie should be able to come home next week, getting her a nice new crate/pen from WELKS then she's all set to come and live with her mum permenantly :D

#1 Jess2308, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  2. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Oh dear, bless :lol: :D Nice to see maya taking such great care for her baby ;)

3. portiaa

portiaa PetForums VIP

Bless her, sounds a right character! :D good luck with bringing her home! :)

4. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

Maya is SO overprotective of her baby, I think cos she looked after her from when she was so helpless, and I have a feeling Evie will have a knack for getting herself into trouble that Maya will have to bail her out of :lol:

5. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

So nice to hear of her doing the normal puppy things now
    Bless Maya, good old surrogate mum

6. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

aw bless her, she certainly sounds to have a wonderful character - and bless that little Maya being so concerned and caring to the wee Evie.

Bet you and Maya cannt wait to get her home, then the fun starts and we want lots of piccies and updates of her quirky ways :D

& good luck for WELKS.

7. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

Thanks guys! :D

Cant wait to get her home, and Maya will LOVE having her baby here all the time. I have threatened to buy her a pink crate at WELKS, one of the Croft ones :D I was only joking, but I might actually do it, pink suits Evie :lol:

We're not actually entered at WELKS I dont think, its only 15 mins away though, so just going to watch and to do some shopping :D

8. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

wish we had more shows closer to us! :( Have a great day anyways, and I am sure you will spoil the kiddies with gifts you pick up :D

9. kirstyS

kirstyS PetForums Member

I think she'd look great in pink!

10. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Awww bless her!

11. Sparkle

Sparkle PetForums Senior

Lol poor Evie :( Nasty vets with big bad needles!!

Daisy weed when she had her last jab and Lotus just looked at him like he was mad when she had her chip not a fuss she's hard as nails lol

12. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

Bless! I'm so excited for Maya to have her own! Little Evie growing up, so fabulous!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice