Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Everclean Litter Out of Stock - Help?!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Bilai, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Bilai

Bilai PetForums Senior

Guys does anyone know what's going on with Everclean Cat Litter? It's out of stock everywhere!

And does anyone have any reccomendations for a similar alternative? Has to be a good clumping Litter... ideally nothing that would smell like food (I think oko mifjt?)

2. Bilai

Bilai PetForums Senior

@Tigermoon i think you may be a fellow Everclean user - have you come across the same thing of it being out of stock everywhere?

3. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

@Bilai - Oko Plus is made from wood (ground-up fir trees) so would not smell like food.

4. Bilai

Bilai PetForums Senior

Oh thank you @chillminx wonder which one I was thinking of then. Worlds best?

Is Oko Plus good in terms of clumping? Do you use it? Would you recommend it?

5. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Yes, Worlds Best is made from corn. :)

Yes, Oko Plus is excellent at clumping. I use it in the upstairs trays and am happy with it.:) I use Worlds Best in the downstairs trays because I find WB tracks less than Oko.

6. Bilai

Bilai PetForums Senior

Sorry to keep harping on with more questions... I'm a little panicked haha.

Is the odor control ok for OKO? Should I try WB also? And is the whole cat eating litter thing a myth?

7. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

No probs :)

Yes, odour control is good with Oko Plus and with WB. Some cats do eat the cat litter, but none of mine ever have in all the many years I've lived with cats. Kittens are more likely to eat it than adult cats and kittens are more at risk if they do as it can cause an intestinal blockage. But clumping clay litters are far more dangerous in that respect than Oko or WB.

If you have a cat who has Pica (a condition where a cat feels impelled to eat things that are not a normal part of a cat's diet) then he may possibly try eating the litter. If so I'd have thought he'd be more likely to eat WB than Oko.

8. Bilai

Bilai PetForums Senior

Thank you so much @chillminx - you're an absolute star!

chillminx likes this.
  9. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

Years ago I used Everclean, I've used Oko and similar litters, but I'd say the closest to Everclean in texture and better at clumping is Smartcat. R&L Pet Products sell it, and if you can get to a show where they have a stand there is a 3 for 2 deal.

http://www.rlpetproducts.co.uk/store/cats/brands/smartcat_litter

But argh! It also is 'temporarily out of stock'!

10. Bilai

Bilai PetForums Senior

I just got an email from their sales team saying it should be back in stock tomorrow. I really hope that's true!

Thank you so much both @OrientalSlave and @chillminx for suggesting alternatives. I was in an absolute panic yesterday!

chillminx likes this.
  11. Tigermoon

Tigermoon PetForums VIP

Apologies I've only just seen this. YIKES! Everclean out of stock!!!! OMG and I'm nearly out of it too :eek: I can only find it from R&L Pet Products, in fact I believe they are the only licenced sellers in the UK. I have used Smartcat which I liked very much but thats no good if it too is out of stock.

12. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

R&L seem to be the only suppliers of a number of cat litters, including Smartcat as well as Everclean.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice