Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ever wished your training didn't pay off?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Picklelily, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Picklelily

Picklelily PetForums VIP

Ok so we have been working very hard on recall as out terrier just gets lost mentally if she sees or scents anything that sets off her prey drive.

So yesterday we let her run on the beach in Wales without the long line on for the first time. She sees one crow flying across the beach and gives chase running into a large flock of crows and seagulls. Oh no we thought she is going to be a total pain to get back. We are happily wrong :) one shout and she happily arrives back to sit at our feet ready for a nice game of tug.

Happy smiles all around.

So today we are back home and she is charging around on the fields at home. We manage to successfully avoid her seeing the dead pigeon on the path. OH and I patting ourselves on the back and feeling good as she charges off in the opposite direction scenting madly over the field in full search and destroy mode.

Our confidence is down a little :rolleyes: We give a couple of calls which she blanks as she stops at a spot on the field. I give my full yell of "Pickle come" low and behold she starts heading back carting a thick stick smug smiles from us as we think how sweet.

My little angel then sits and presents us with a full rotting rabbit corpse as she sits looking all pleased with herself at our feet :yikes::crying::eek6:

That's taught us a lesson a good recall isn't necessarily a desirable thing :blushing: Pride comes before a fall.

#1 Picklelily, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

:lol::lol::lol:

I've had many a present like that :D

3. Scabbers

Scabbers PetForums Senior

My recall is too good.................

Now he thinks when i let him off sticking to my hip is the best place! As soon as the lead is on he has his mad moment. Lead off stuck to hip again! :rolleyes:

4. Picklelily

Picklelily PetForums VIP

Lol I can see you now tripping up over your dogs :001_tt1:

5. lilythepink

lilythepink PetForums VIP

what a good girl.the smellier the carcase the better she thinks maybe?lol

6. Picklelily

Picklelily PetForums VIP

I don't know about that but god she stinks today :mad:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice