Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Estimating adult weight/size?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by catlover0581, Feb 7, 2012.

1. catlover0581

catlover0581 PetForums VIP

hi

was just wondering if there was a formula or rough guide into finding out you kittens approximate adult weight, based on their weight gain and growth speed over the first 6 months?

i was warned Freddy is going to be a big cat - maybe 6-7kg. i asked if that's because i seem to be over feeding him and they said not at all, he's great, but just a big cat....got me wondering how they would know that. didn't think to ask at the time

any insight would be welcome :)

2. Shadow And Lightning

Shadow And Lightning PetForums VIP

they said same about lightning cause he has big paws and big ears :)

3. catlover0581

well, Freddy was weighed on Monday and weighed 2.75kg - he's 18 weeks. i asked if he was overweight and they said absolutely not - he's in great shape. but he's going to be a big boy - she said 6-7kg.

amazing!! maybe she's just guessing...?! lol

guess we'll find out soon enough lol :D

4. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

My vet said the same about Seb because of his big paws :) he will be 7 months next week, I weighed him yesterday and he was 3.5kg.

My Frankie is just over 7 yo, he was weighed by the vet in December and was 5.5kg I asked if he was overweight and she said he was just a big cat :) it's like picking up a toddler when I pick him up :D

5. Shadow And Lightning

Shadow And Lightning PetForums VIP

lightning weighed just about the same at that age, now hes 3.6kg and feels so much heavier than my little shadow who is 2.5kg, never thought litter mates could vary so much in size lol

6. catlover0581

ok ladies...i have news.....

i just weighed Tilly as she was due worming again - 1kg!! yay lol. :D

out of interest i weighed Freddy - bearing in mind he was 2.75kg on Monday....

Drum roll please.............................at 19 weeks he weighs...................................................................3kg!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

OMG - i really think i have been sold a tiger......lol and i'm definately going to need a bigger pillow if he intends to keep sleeping with me lmao!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice