Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

escaping hammie

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by cassie01, Jun 28, 2009.

1. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

little robo Nuri got out last night no idea how, id gone to bed and my OH had to come and wake me up. took ages for us to catch her becase she had gotten behind and under the bookcase. Then this morning when i went to clean her cage she dived out the cage and ran off behind the lizards vivs when i was getting her into the ball. Again it took us ages to get her out. she has now earned the nick name little s*** as im gonna have to go out and buy another cage for her. im not sure how she got out the first time as i was very carful with her cage, making sure there was no gaps. i wont be able to take my eyes of her for a second, shes a right little escape artist, bless her. at least iv been doing some exersize. i have been getting lazy. lol

2. alyssa_liss

alyssa_liss PetForums VIP

at least you got her back , robos are well fast aswell lol

what cage have you got

3. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

its rotastak. i had two kidney shaped tanks and a round room but i put nothing next to the bars in the round room for her to stand on to climb through those bars. iv now taken the round room off and to make sure enough air is going in iv put some tubes coming out the top of the tanks, too long for her to climb up, if she could even get up there anyways.

thinking of getting another tank or rody type cage. theres only my beardies that have been behaving lately.

4. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Where abouts are you I might have a 2ft tank soon.

5. alyssa_liss

has she chewed a hole in the plastic ??

mine are in tanks and i dont have a lid on , i dont even have to worry about them getting out

6. Gobaith

Gobaith PetForums VIP

Houdini!!

Chloe x

7. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

one of the others is in a threefoot tank thats two foot deep so i havnt put a lid on it. i brought the stuff to do it but changed my mind because she cant get out. wouldnt mind another one. been looking on ebay and preloved. lol. she hasnt escaped again since but id feel better changing the cage though. wont have to check on her every hour or so. lol just glad we dont have a cat yet.

8. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

im in stourbridge, near kidderminster.

9. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

oh too far then I'm in West Yorkshire, I got it off freecycle though so you might have some luck if you try there.

10. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

I never had any probs with her getting out but she always has been jumpy since I had her. She would always get out and go on the floor and we would have to grab her before she ran off. We had her in a plastic box tank which she couldn't get out of. Glad you found her though :)

11. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

i think it was those bars. shes been fine since i took them away and i gave her a couple of different toys to keep her happy. lol

12. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

Hiya, can i be cheeky and ask that if you do decide to get rid of the tank can you let me know please? I need one and cant find and the right size on a budget. How much would you want for it? Thanks :D

13. CreativeLC

CreativeLC PetForums VIP

Just wondering why she goes in her ball in the morning? is she not nocturnal?

14. alyssa_liss

mine get up in the morning for a little wander and food aswell

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice