Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Escape to the Country..

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tigerneko, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

There's a couple on there, and the presenter woman says to them "What would you least want to see in a garden?" and the couple went "A pond because of the children, it's not safe"

so the presenter was like "well, look at the hidden surprise in this garden..."

It was a swimming pool! And the couple were like "oh wow brilliant, fantastic... we love it!"

.....Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't a swimming pool equally as dangerous as a pond? it was totally un covered and there was no fencing or anything around it, so it was just as dangerous (if not more because I don't think you could even see it from the house) as a pond :confused: :confused:

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Some people are morons.

If a child is small enough to drown in a pond, then they should be being supervised at all times. Its because of parents neglecting their duties that children die.

Doesnt take a genius to realise that a small child and a hole with water in it, dont mix. A child can drown in a puddle just a few inches deep.

3. kath123

kath123 Guest

I think that is a bit of a contradiction in terms isnt it!!! :eek:

4. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

It is isn't it :laugh:

I don't usually notice stuff like that, but I just thought it was a rather daft thing to say.... when they saw the pool I was expecting them to say "oh no, we'll have to keep it covered or fill it in" but they were both like "Oh fantastic" :rolleyes:

strange people :D

5. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

some people are unbelievably shallow!:rolleyes:(lets hope the pool is:eek:)

SeaThreePeeO likes this.
  6. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

LOL!!! :laugh:

i'd rep you but apparently I have to spread it about first :laugh: so I owe you one lol!

7. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

hehehe thanks very much Portia!:p xx

8. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

Another thing that I don't quite get another Escape to the Country is that the couples ask for Period Properties

Then they get in there and they moan that the rooms are too small, the ceilings too low and the place is a bit dark. You asked for a 16th century cottage, its hardly going to be like a new build mansion on the inside is it?

noushka05 likes this.
  9. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

LOL yeah, it's daft that innit! I don't think some of them actually know what a 'Period Property' is :laugh:

its the same when people want new properties but then complain cos there's no character :confused:

or the ones that really bug me.... when people as for a period house and then want to rip all the original features out and replace it with modern rubbish :cursing: get a new build if you want all that!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice