Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ernie

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by dee o gee, Jun 5, 2010.

1. dee o gee

dee o gee PetForums VIP

Well I had my little Ernie (dwarf hamster) put down yesterday, he was about 2 and a half ish I think, had a nasty tumour and was very thin, so I had decided it was best to let him go. :(

Whats the best way to clean his cage out? Won't be getting any more for the forseeable future, but would like to give it a good clean out and put it away until I decide to get a few more. I was thinking of washing it with milton, would that be too strong/weak?

Heres a pic of the wee fella, only took it yesterday before I went to the vets. Didn't realise it but I had given him a big lump of dog food (along with cat food it was his absolute favorite food) but he hid it and must've been storing it for later, but the poor fella never got to eat it. :crying:

Attached Files:

2. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

Poor little guy...what a heartbreaking picture!! You obviously did the right thing though! RIP little man!! xx

3. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

Oh my god... How sad... Poor little man... Run free....... xxx

4. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

aw I am so sorry :( he was obviously very loved and happy xx I cant offer advice on the cleaning .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice