Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Er - really?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Pezant, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Pezant

Pezant PetForums VIP

Just had a very enthusiastic delivery driver get all smooshy over Henry at the office. "He's lovely!" He gushed. "Just like that big dog on telly! You know - that big one with the kids!"
    "Er - Beethoven?" Dad ventured.
    "Yeah! That's the one!"

:confused:

So, apparently our 30kg feathery white English Setter looks just like a 100kg St Bernard. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I get that they're both white and tan and have big floppy ears, but c'mon now. Really?

2. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

Sums up how much men notice things :rolleyes:

3. dandogman

dandogman PetForums VIP

He might have said that due to his temperament?

4. sskmick

sskmick PetForums VIP

I have been surprised how many people don't recognise popular dog breeds. It is still a compliment because your dog must have a lovely temperament

5. Pezant

Pezant PetForums VIP

He was looking at him through the gate to our yard, so other than Henry's wagging tail there probably wasn't much temperament on show to compare! ;)

6. Pezant

Pezant PetForums VIP

I know! I don't expect people to recognise Henry's breed, but - surely most people know what a St Bernard looks like...? :confused:

7. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Oh my, Chocolate Lab x is an Irish Red Setter according to a Cleaner that works at the care home my Mum works at... ;)

8. Phoolf

Phoolf PetForums VIP

Maybe it's the droopy jowls? :) I don't think many people appreciate what a giant breed looks like or how big they are until they meet many in the flesh, then they realise how silly these comments must be. I was always underawed by the size of newfies, but wolfhounds and danes always impress me with their stature.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice