Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Episodic Falling System in Cavalier King

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Gabriele96, May 9, 2017.

1. Gabriele96

Gabriele96 PetForums Newbie

My Cavalier King is 8 years old and I think she suffers from Episodic Falling System (video attached), in this last period these fallings are becoming more and more frequent. I'm really looking for a solution, I really hope that a doctor can suggest me a cure, better if natural. We live in Italy, if medicines needed, tell me which ones.
    Thanks a lot, I'm waiting for news.
    Gabriele

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Have you taken her to a vet?

She needs to see one ASAP, and for them to see this video.

In the meantime put some non slip rugs down so its easier for her. Cant be nice to be unable to get a grip on the floor.

MontyMaude, Rafa and lullabydream like this.
  3. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

As above the advice is perfect.

Poor wee girl, not sure if natural products will solve this. A vet is the only person to give a diagnosis though

4. Gabriele96

Yes, surely I've already taken her to a vet. One month ago she got operated at her head and despite the operation went good, I firmly believe that she's affected Episodic Falling System. There are several videos on Youtube, and she does exactly the same things as the dogs in those videos. Does anyone know if there exist some natural products to calm neurological system?

5. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

You need to take her back to the vet...googling and watching and you self diagnosing is not good.

If she has surgery a month ago, its of up most importance she goes back to the vet.

I had never heard of the condition you mention, but have had a dog with epilepsy who had various seizures and if you had just asked what is wrong with my dog, I would have said its not a full blown grand mal seizure, but looks like a partial seizure that my old epileptic dog used to have and really needs to see a vet.

6. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

The website Cavalier Matters May be of help, Its a website for owners and prospective owners of cavaliers, and it covers all the Cavalier health issues including Episodic Falling Syndrome, as well as information they also offer advice, help and support, Info on EFS is under Unique hereditary Diseases

http://www.cavaliermatters.org/contents/

Another website on EFS that may be helpful is on the link below

http://www.episodicfalling.com/about-ef

There is also cavalier Health, and amongst other conditions, they have a lot of information of EFS
    http://cavalierhealth.org/episodic_falling.htm

If you haven't seen any or some of these websites they may be of help and give you information and contacts.

7. Gabriele96

Thank you very much Sled dog hotel I'm going to check them out for sure!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice