Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

eon!!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 0nyxx, Mar 28, 2011.

1. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

I dont know how many of you are with eon but it seems they are one of the most expensive providers!

I had a long conversation with them on the phone today I already pay £50 a week for gas & electric I owe them £350 because they were using esitmated bills & under-estimated the bills (even tho I phoned in meter readings).

They are pushing for that £350 plus an extra £3 a week on each!!

I explained I was really struggling & their answer was well you owe that money we may need to take legal action!!!!

My benefits are £174 every 2 weeks for myself & my daughter £100 of which goes to eon!!!! How in gods name do they expect us to find an extra £350??????

Ive had my benefits checked & that is the level allocated to us even tho it's £35 less than we used to get because of the cuts made by the tories!!!

It's looking more & more likely that Im now going to have to rehome some of our rescue dogs many of which we've had for years!

So much for looking after Carers! Ive looked for part time work to fit around my care commitments which leave me knackered anyway being on call 24/7 but they esitmated that in our area there are 11 -15 people applying for EVERY job thats advertised!!!

As ive said before those who are honest & truthful are s**t on those who lie through their teeth milk the system & get everything thats going!

#1 0nyxx, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  2. toria

toria PetForums Senior

Are you sure your benefits are right? £87 a week for both you & your daughter?
    If they are correct im assuming you dont pay rent or anything?
    They cannot take that amount of money from you...I guarantee!
    I would get in touch with a charity organisation like payplan Cccs or even citizens advise...they will work on your behalf.
    Its impossible to pay £50 per week to eon when your total income is £87 per week! That leaves you £37 for food & all other utilities.

I would definatly look into things.

3. CAstbury

CAstbury PetForums VIP

I used to be with Eon - changed to Utility Warehouse a couple of years ago - my bills are FAR cheaper now :D

4. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

Another one to stay away from is EDF.
    We had a bill last year which was over £500 for the summer months when we use the least gas. We now have a gas meter which takes £7 a week to pay it off, but we can now monitor how much gas we use. Definitely changing providers once it's paid off.

5. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

My gran got her gas and electric bill though a couple of months ago and we are with npower

it was a smashing £700! no ide ahow they got that much :eek:

6. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

I get £20 family allowance on a monday but that will end by summer, (eon supply both my gas & electric). you cant change provider when you owe money either unless you clear the bill.

I am gonna go to the CAB because we used to get £110 a week (£220 a fortnight) but now apparently things are different because of cut backs etc & the fact my daughters older.

I get housing & poll Tax benefit, but the cost of livings getting higher moneys not keeping up with it, & work is near on non existant!

My sons £15 lodge feeds the dogs/cats but as much as I dont want to Im gonna have to rehome some, sad part is Diesel suffers submissive urination (thats why we ended up with him that & he'd been kicked round) cant see anyone being willing to take him, the cats would need to go as a pair (again thats not easy).

Halle has cancer anyway & is just being kept comfortable for now, Sully has behaviour problems (panic attacks) but he is in bred & came off a bad puppy farm vet thinks thats why & has been known to nip so again not much chance of rehoming there either.

Son's saying he'll pay more so we can keep them but we'll just have to wait & see, how things go for now, one option I was offered was a debt releif order which would clear any money owed to utilities, & catalogue etc Ive always paid my way & thats an option Im trying to avoid, but if I cant get sorted it my be my only other option!

Now & again there was some work around for the £20 a week im allowed to declare & make as well as my benefit, but even thats scarce now.

#6 0nyxx, Mar 28, 2011
  7. toria

toria PetForums Senior

Im assuming that the £20 is your child benefit? Also that your son/daughter is leaving school & that is why you will loose your £20 a week?
    Im not being nosy just trying to help,i hope you arnt offended.:)
    I know jobs are really hard at the moment,but if you could just get 16 hours you could claim Family credit.
    You probably already know all this,just thinking it's unbelievable how little you are surviving on...Definatly get in touch with CAB i can assure you that eon cannot take that much money from you...I have huge debt & my electric & gas dont take half of what your paying.
    If you need any more help PM me.

8. i think EDF bill the full amount and them give massive discounts/rebates after a year.

We are with power gen and it it really confusing! something the government needs to address me thinks!

9. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

Hun if your on a benefit then they should provide a plan cant remember for the life of me what its called but if your on a low income or spend more than 20% of your income on energy bills they give you a one off payment of £50 per year for gas and one for electric you just need to fill in a form.
    Give them a call and ask them they will be able to tell you more details:)

10. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

Im not offended, yeah daughters finishing college, cant do 16 hours because of care commitments, I look after my mum & stepdad (unpaid) & my son his DLA is in review so I no longer qualify for carers allowance that could be 11 weeks before thats all sorted they lost his DLA forms but theyre now treating it as a new claim even though its a review so it will take longer!

Been struggling like this for months & was told on March 28th Id be given any back money I was owed etc & it would be sorted! they said today Im owed nothing & this is my new I.S rate.

#10 0nyxx, Mar 28, 2011
  11. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

will look into that Harley bear never heard of it

12. toria

toria PetForums Senior

Oh im so sorry you are struggling! Then i will see people who can work & scrounge & listen to you & it makes me so angry!:mad:

Definatly go to CAB & i would ring eon as well and tell them to send you a income & expenditure form,if they fail ring CCCS up,honestly they are fantastic.
    PM me anytime...last year we went through all this & the info i found out was invaluable.

13. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

We hadnt either but when we were struggling last year they sent us a form and it really helped us out, the £50 for gas lasted us all summer. We are with southern electric but they did say all companies do it. Id speak to a manager and tell them you are not managing.

14. CAstbury

CAstbury PetForums VIP

Curious about this. Can anyone get help? This winter I didnt put my heating on until the temperature dropped to well below freezing! I was terrified of the size of the bill. On occasions I would go to bed in PJs, dressing gown, socks, hat and gloves as I was scared what my bill would be like. I only had the heating on for the really cold spell, and only put it on then after a friend called round and found my house freezing cold.. Maybe that is why I think my bill wasnt so bad. Wouldnt like to have to go through it again. Since I have been living on my own I have hardly had heating on.

15. Gilly and Jess

Gilly and Jess PetForums Senior

Seriously bad now what it's costing to keep our heads above water. Makes my blood boil when people say that folk on benefits are better off than those who work. I've sat with not a penny in my bank account since a week last friday and I don't get my benefit again until tomorrow. I've had to beg borrow and steal from my boyfriend this last fortnight or I'd have sunk without trace. I thank god my son was away last week and I didn't have to feed him.....how sh1te does THAT sound......:cryin:

I don't understand how they're telling you that because your daughter is getting older you get less money, mine actually goes up a whole £5 in April I believe, as my kids get older and has done every year. Someone is telling you wrong I think.

Get an appointment with the DSS or the CAB if you can and ask for a benefit check. I know they're clamping down but that does seem excessively low.

The energy companies are not allowed to take so much from you that you're left below the poverty line, it's as simple as that. Get in touch with Payplan and they'll help you, they did me. It's a free service, they'll talk it all through on the phone with you and send you the paperwork to send off to these people. You can't carry on like that. :mad:

16. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

When I was on benefits I always had Pre Payment meters. They can only collect £3 per week for debt (and you can ask them to put all the debt on one meter so you pay the whole balance off at £3 per week) With Pre Payment meters the charges are in line with the meters you have now and it's easier to manage your usage. They won't charge for the meters to be changed.

17. Gilly and Jess

Gilly and Jess PetForums Senior

And there is also the argument that if they want to take you to court for the debt, let them. That'll be your best chance to thumb your nose at them, since if you don't have the money to pay the debt at any more than you can afford, they can't have it! Any judge in the land would refuse to make an order for something you can't afford to pay and maintain, so let them take legal action. It'll cost them in the end and they'll be no further forward. :)

18. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

The thing is if you let it go to court and get to the warrant stage you then get charged approx £250.00 for the warrant fee on top of what you owe. Once they have got the warrant they will come out and fit pre payment meters anyway, so it's better to get them done by appointment and not have to pay the fee.

Good luck Onyxx xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice