Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Entire dog- lump/thick skin?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by SixStar, Apr 15, 2011.

1. SixStar

SixStar Banned

I was bathing Alfie (8 years old, entire) earlier and the skin on one of his ''bits'' feels very thick and leathery, I'm not sure whether it is a lump under the surface, or just the skin that is very thickened. Have worried myself sick now with the ''c'' word, please god I hope it isn't.

Have him booked in at the vets for 4.50, but in the meantime, anybody come across this before?

Like I say, I'm not 100% sure I can feel a lump which is what is puzzling me, but whatever it is, it's not right.

Wish us luck for later please :(

2. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Ok now you probably dont want to hear this but although I havent experienced it on my dogs, my ex used to have exactly what you just described, it would sometimes be bigger sometimes smaller. It was checked out and was nothing.
    Sorry to gross out with human male bits ewwww

Hope you get on well at the vets later

3. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Thanks for the good luck wishes. Just before we were about to leave the vets rang and have asked to postpone to appointment until tomorrow morning since it's not an emergency and they are very busy :rolleyes: Have done some more reading and none of the testicular cancer symptoms tie in with what Alfie has, so that's helping to keep me reassured until the morning!

4. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Good luck with the vets tomorrow, hope its nothing to worry about.

5. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

Good luck at vets :)

6. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Just back from vets and all fine :D Vet said he will check again in 6 months when his booster is due but in the meantime, nothing to worry about. Has recommended I get him neutered anyway (as all vets do!) so I said I'll think about it. Thanks again for the good luck wishes, thankfully it was just a case of me being overprotective :eek:

7. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

great news glad he is okay :D

8. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Great news that all is well :001_smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice