Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

English Bulldog Back Leg Clicking

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Chubbythebulldog, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Chubbythebulldog

Chubbythebulldog PetForums Newbie

Hey guys!
    I have a 4year old English Bulldog (5 in April).
    For the past few weeks he has been limping on his back right leg and it also clicks. We’ve had multiple vet trips where all they were bothered about were his weight and breathing (when other vets have said that this is totally fine.)
    We’ve put him on a diet and has already lost 4kg just so there is less pressure on his knees and joints.
    He was prescribed pain killers which we gave to him for a week as the vet told us, but as soon as we take him off them and they get out of his system he starts limping all over again and it clicks when he walks and puts pressure on it.
    He doesn’t really show any signs of pain like yelping when we play with his leg, but he is panting really bad recently which is unusual for him especially when he’s just in the house.
    None of the vets we go to have even suggested an x-Ray which I would’ve thought would’ve been a good idea just to see if anything was wrong.
    I just wanted to rack your guys brains and see if any of you have had the same problem!
    Thanks! :)

2. ShibaPup

ShibaPup PetForums VIP

Sadly English Bulldogs are prone to a lot of health conditions.

Breathing in bulldogs does tend to get worse as they age - his unusual panting could be an progression of BOAS for example, also if he is over weight it will make it worse so well done for being proactive and getting him losing weight :)

Clicking could be - cruciate ligament tear, patellar luxation, or even hip dysplasia which is common within English Bulldogs.

Best advice find a vet that will listen to you - you could always ask for an x-ray.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice