Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Energetic Puppy!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by lozzaa93, Aug 22, 2013.

1. lozzaa93

lozzaa93 PetForums Newbie

I have a collie x GSD 8 month old girly,
    We have tried her on bakers and that didn't seem to agree with her and now we are just trying out IAMS. I just wanted some advice on what foods are good for a hyperactive/energetic puppy!

2. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Bakers is notorious for causing hyper behaviour as well as skin and coat irritation.

There is a wet and dry dog food index on the forum.

http://www.petforums.co.uk/dog-health-nutrition/255727-updated-dry-dog-food-index.html

http://www.petforums.co.uk/dog-health-nutrition/305410-updated-wet-dog-food-index.html

Foods on there are rated which should be some help.

3. LolaPup2013

LolaPup2013 PetForums Member

We have our dog on Wainwrights Large Breed puppy food and we have had no complaints or issues. Shes not overly hyper, her toilets are not runny and she seems to enjoy it. I order online from Pets at home and its about £40 for a 15kg bag.

Im glad you arent still using bakers and noticed the issues your dog was having with it. Bakers is a terrible brand, IMO. And i think alot of people forget how important what there putting into their dog affects their behaviour.

4. lozzaa93

Thank you very much I will look at those links now...
    after reading loads about the cross breed and how her toilets was I understand a bit more that its the protein in the food that can make the more hyper! :O
    my friend has a collie and she suggested wainwrights but just wanted more advice on it :)
    Thank you again

5. smokeybear

smokeybear PetForums VIP

Who has diagnosed your dog with hyperactivity?

6. lozzaa93

just by looking through forums and how she acts and her breed she is a hyper dog.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice