Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Endorsements

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by miti999, May 17, 2010.

1. miti999

miti999 PetForums Senior

Hi all, :)

I know a lot of you endorse your litters so I was hoping you could answer my questions.

I understand that only the breeder can lift any endorsements so:

How can any or all endorsements be lifted if, for instance, the breeder dies?

Or, for instance, if the registration is in joint names do both parties have to lift the endorsement or will only one person suffice? (due to marital breakdown etc)

Thanks!!

2. swarthy

swarthy PetForums VIP

In answer to your questions

a) If the breeder dies, formally I have no idea.

However, it can be made much easier if both the new owner and the breeder have signed documents outlining exactly what is required in order for the restrictions to be lifted.

I know I don't file a copy of my requirements with the KC - but it's an interesting question, and one I would propose you address to them - I would certainly be interested to know the answer.

b) Broken down relationships
    More often than not, the ownership of the dogs would change hands and remain with one partner and / or their new partner - so it depends on whose ownership the dogs are in at the time of the request.

3. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

the Kc can lift endorsements.

4. swarthy

swarthy PetForums VIP

They can, but in what circumstances? I know they will in the unusual event that a new owner can prove there were not advised about the endorsements, but I've been aware of a few 'disputes' recently, some involving the request for large sums of money for lifting restrictions, never mentioned at the time of purchase, and the KC have refused to get involved :(

5. Callia

Callia PetForums Member

I think the KC will only get involved and lift the endorsements if there was no contract signed at the time of purchase and you were totally unaware of the endorsements being there OR if there was a contract and the purchaser has
    forfilled all the requirements only for the breeder to still refuse to lift them.

Did you have a contract at all ??

6. miti999

miti999 PetForums Senior

I will ask the KC and see what they say regarding lifting of endorsements in these circumstances.

Thanks.

7. AlbertRoss

AlbertRoss PetForums VIP

Been there - done that - had endorsement quashed. The KC weren't at all surprised by my request. The breeder had attached a 'no breeding' endorsement to a bitch I bought but hadn't told me about it (and it was obvious from previous conversations that I was intending to breed). Nor was there a contract between us. Seems this is quite a regular occurrence. Basically, the KC will ask the breeder to provide a copy of the contract signed by the buyer. If they cannot do so - the endorsement(s) are invalid and are removed.

8. miti999

miti999 PetForums Senior

b) Broken down relationships
    More often than not, the ownership of the dogs would change hands and remain with one partner and / or their new partner - so it depends on whose ownership the dogs are in at the time of the request.

Thanks for this Swarthy. I was told by a breeder that all original parties need to lift the endorsement. I will see what KC say.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice