Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Enclosed dog area

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Ducky, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

After what happened with Bailey, i decided to write to my local council to ask what they thought about considering building an enclosed dog area in one of our parks. Although nothing would obviously ever stop a tragedy like that to occur, i just thought it might bring some peace of mind to dog owners if they knew there was a safe area to take the dogs too. i know there are loads of these areas all over the country but we dont have one in my area. i even said that i would help raise money if i needed to, to get the funds for it to be built.

anyway i got a letter back about a week later saying they would like to discuss the idea further, so yay! i tried phoning them but there was no answer (typical) so i have sent an email back and now await a response.

it would just be fantastic if it got the go ahead though, having spoken to lots of people in the area with dogs, its definitely something that would be appreciated!

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

If they are considering this thats great!

We need one around here. Theres a doggy area near the sprts field, but its just a patch of rough ground, not much bigger than my back garden, and its used mostly as a doggy toilet. Plus isnt not fenced in.

3. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

thats exactly what we used to have in one of our parks but even thats gone now. i hope thats not what they thought i meant! haha.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice