UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.

Does anyone know of any enclosed, secure areas (fields, training areas etc) I can let my greyhound off lead at within West Sussex, preferabbly in Worthing or Chichester or surrounding but will travel!!

Have let her off at the beach but would love to let her off in other places too!!!
:) xx

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Tennis courts!! Do you think they would let me? x
i took millie in a kids play area once (no kids about they were all in school) and as long as she didnt as muchas pee no-one says squat.

As long as no-ones using them and no-ones in there - yeah why not....

i dont know the rules etc on that so if you wanted to ring the council and ask (just dont give your name lol in case they have an issue and find out you have done it anyhow etc...)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know!! I might build one!! I live on a farm and there is loads of land so might ask the farmer if I can fence a bit of a field off and let people come and use it!! Everywhere either has no fence, low fence or dangerous barbed wire fence!! xx

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I know!! I might build one!! I live on a farm and there is loads of land so might ask the farmer if I can fence a bit of a field off and let people come and use it!! Everywhere either has no fence, low fence or dangerous barbed wire fence!! xx
oh lucky you!! i wish i lived on a farm :( i live near 7 but none are mine lol

we have this orange netting stuff that can stick in the ground with poles.... they use it on roadworks sometimes, i dont know if your dog would jump it but we used to use it round our tent when camping..?

might work i dont know....or your dog might think thats more agility :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol!! Yeah, its for my greyhound really. That could work!! It's tall enough to act as a barrier...!! The gamekeeper has pheasant pens which are really tall and dog friendly fencing...no barbed wire!! So might ask him if he has any pheasant free pens and if not ask him if he has any spare materials to build my own!! xx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know a place in Horsham if that's not too far.
Huge enclosed fields as long as they don't jump too high ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.