Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Enclosed areas to let greyhound off lead

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by keeleyjane19, May 15, 2010.

1. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

Hey.

Does anyone know of any enclosed, secure areas (fields, training areas etc) I can let my greyhound off lead at within West Sussex, preferabbly in Worthing or Chichester or surrounding but will travel!!

Have let her off at the beach but would love to let her off in other places too!!!
    :) xx

2. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

^ BUMP ^ would love to hear of any places.....

3. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

try look for tennis courts?

try ringing your local council see if they can help? :)

1 person likes this.
  4. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

Tennis courts!! Do you think they would let me? x

5. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

i took millie in a kids play area once (no kids about they were all in school) and as long as she didnt as muchas pee no-one says squat.

As long as no-ones using them and no-ones in there - yeah why not....

i dont know the rules etc on that so if you wanted to ring the council and ask (just dont give your name lol in case they have an issue and find out you have done it anyhow etc...)

6. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

Ok, brilliant, thats great!! Thank you, never thought of that!! xx

7. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

no probs. i know what a nightmare itis finding places to take dogs safely. they have kid parks - they should have more dog parks! :)

8. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

I know!! I might build one!! I live on a farm and there is loads of land so might ask the farmer if I can fence a bit of a field off and let people come and use it!! Everywhere either has no fence, low fence or dangerous barbed wire fence!! xx

9. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

oh lucky you!! i wish i lived on a farm :( i live near 7 but none are mine lol

we have this orange netting stuff that can stick in the ground with poles.... they use it on roadworks sometimes, i dont know if your dog would jump it but we used to use it round our tent when camping..?

might work i dont know....or your dog might think thats more agility :D

10. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

lol!! Yeah, its for my greyhound really. That could work!! It's tall enough to act as a barrier...!! The gamekeeper has pheasant pens which are really tall and dog friendly fencing...no barbed wire!! So might ask him if he has any pheasant free pens and if not ask him if he has any spare materials to build my own!! xx

11. rona

rona Guest

I know a place in Horsham if that's not too far.
    Huge enclosed fields as long as they don't jump too high ;)

12. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

We've taken Holly to an outside, but fenced, running track, and we raced her around the track :)

Haven't found anywhere down south though :( Am still looking :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice