UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used it for arthritis in their dog? Someone from Oz on my hip replacement diary uses it and swears by it, just wondered if anyone else has.

I'm going to order some anyway just to see. Sorry for all the questions and two separate threads but thought this would get over looked in the other one. ;)

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
Got me on this one:D

Dont know if this is of interest if your looking for things natural to help with arthtitis and joints.

arthritis/joint problems

Animate: a powder containing a natural source of Chrondroitin with Vitamin C especially useful in the early stages of arthritis.

Can B: a supplement containing minerals and vitamins (especially Boron) which help to strengthen bones and joints

Cortavet: a supplement containing Chondroitin, Glucosamine Hyaluronic acid and MSM, chondroprotective agents which promote cartilage formation and joint lubrication.

Magnopulse magnetic collar: the magnetic field of this collar stimulates blood flow to diseased tissue and has an anti inflammatory and pain killing effect.

Yarrow: a combination of herbs that have traditionally been used to relieve inflammation and stiffness of joints.

Animal Magic Vitamin C & Royal Jelly: helps strengthen weakened bones and joints.

Arthotabs: a supplement containing green lipped mussel and other nutrients that nourish diseased joints and help relieve symptoms of arthritis.

Cartamine: a Glucosamine based supplement that helps repair damaged cartilage in arthritic joints.

Cod Liver Oil: a fish oil supplement proven to improve joint mobility.

Glycovetriflex: a supplement containing green lipped mussel and other natural remedies that improve strength and flexibility of arthritic joints.

Dr Reckeweg R 73: a homoeopathic combination for arthritis, especially of the back, shoulders, hips and knees

http://www.naturalmedicinecentre.co.uk/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks sled dog :) the vet I saw today is Australian and he said he hasn't heard of it for arthritis but it's good for skin complaints. The site the other member linked to me shows it to be for many things, including inflammation caused by arthritis, so I'm going to give it a try for Kali - hopefully keep her off of Metacam. ;)

Emu oil and Emu oil product at The Emu Shop

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
Thanks sled dog :) the vet I saw today is Australian and he said he hasn't heard of it for arthritis but it's good for skin complaints. The site the other member linked to me shows it to be for many things, including inflammation caused by arthritis, so I'm going to give it a try for Kali - hopefully keep her off of Metacam. ;)

Emu oil and Emu oil product at The Emu Shop
Deffinately worth a try, it you can find something natural to help so much the better, dont like using NSAIDs especially long term unless you really have too.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Emu oil seems to be somewhat superseded by Elmore Oil, in Oz, these days. My arthritic patients absolutely SWEAR by the stuff. I've never heard so many people rave about any product as much as they rave about this.

I've never used it myself and I've no experience of anyone using it on an animal but for human use I'd definitely recommend it just on anecdotal evidence.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.