Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Embarrassing

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by ewelsh, Apr 20, 2017.

1. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

Lottie's turn to go to the vets for her booster!
    No problems getting her in the carrier, no problems on route, no problems getting her out the carrier (she walked out on her own accord) she rubbed the vet and sat on the scales good as gold, no problems having her vaccination, then I asked for her worming tablet!
    The vet asked would I like a hand "no says I, I have it all down to a fine art, easy peasy "

Got the pill and Lottie turned into the devil himself! She actually bit through my finger, :Arghhblood everywhere in minutes :Shy the vet tried with the wormer, she bit him too, called a nurse to help, firstly to bandage my finger which wouldn't stop bleeding very embarrassing, only for the vet and nurse to fail a third time! The vet then got one of those pill dispensing aids, dear me, this tiny cat put up such a fight, all over a tiny pill. They got the wormer down but what a performance!

Nurse with scratches all over her, the vet patting his brow! My finger bandaged!

What the customers thought in the waiting room when we all walked out with war wounds I don't know!

Joy84, Gwen9244, Jeano1471 and 2 others like this.
  2. Ceiling Kitty

Ceiling Kitty Hides away from much through humour...

Please see your GP @ewelsh - cat bites need antibiotics.

SpringDance and chillminx like this.
  3. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

Oh really :confused: that just about sums up my day!

4. Ceiling Kitty

Ceiling Kitty Hides away from much through humour...

They're not nice, if she really did bite through your finger you'll need antitbiotics. I've seen some cat bites turn really nasty in quite a short space of time!

Maybe stick with a spot-on wormer in the future though - that all sounds pretty stressful for everyone! :eek::Hurting:Nurse

5. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

I have never had any problem giving worming tablets! Serves me right for being so cocky! Very well I will pop to the nurses in the morning to get this finger checked out! Yes she did bite, 2 puncture wounds top and bottom, as if it was her canine's. It's only two holes but wow does it hurt!

I will try spot-on wormer for her from now on! Thanks

6. Shrike

Shrike Brooke's faithful manservant

I'm surprised your vet didn't tell you to get the bite looked at, I thought it was standard for all animal bites that break the skin.

SpringDance likes this.
  7. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

Wot, dear sweet Lottie :eek:. Are you sure they didn't swop her when you weren't looking. Not sure which one of you had the worst experience. Seriously, I was told a few years ago when I was 'attacked' by a cat, if they draw blood, you should get it seen to and possibly a tetanus injection if you haven't had one for a while. Hope it stops hurting soon.

8. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

In fairness to the vet he did say to get it seen too as it was bleeding, the nurse sprayed my finger with stuff too. I just dismissed it to be honest.

Yes I am up to date with jabs, as my husband & I do conservation work in South Africa with Rhino's all covered there.

AmsMam and 1CatOverTheLine like this.
  9. LostSoul

LostSoul PetForums VIP

I know how you feel, my tiny girl Cookie goes mad at the vets, she's a tiny bundle of purrs and love at home and a tiny bundle of pure spiteful evilness at the vet, i have a scar on my hand from her last visit which ended with me on antibiotics, as others have said please get it checked, Cookie bit me on the back of my hand and i gnored it,i thought the redness was a bruise coming out ( she has tiny jaws of steel!) and then the red started spreading up my arm and my hand swelled up...i'm not saying you will get an infection but its always better to safe than sorry.

10. KCTT

KCTT PetForums VIP

Ouch hope the finger is ok, but best to get checked out. We had a huge queue in our vets the other nights as a vet had to leave early following a bite from a cat. I dread the day that Tipsy goes from A* angel to little nightmare at the vets, she is so good but everyone has there moments.

ewelsh likes this.
  11. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

Ouch I agree with everyone. Get your finger looked at. I hope it .heals quickly for you.

Viv xx

ewelsh likes this.
  12. TallulahCat

TallulahCat PetForums VIP

Ouch! Naughty Lottie!

My cat bit me once at the vet, so hard that I fainted. I was so embarrassed.

Do go to the doctor if you have any sign of infection. Cats bites can so easily get infected, but if you catch it early enough it can be treated with cream instead of tablets, which is a lot easier.

ewelsh likes this.
  13. huckybuck

huckybuck Feline Forum Fashionista

Ooh hope it's all ok.

Even if you just pop to docs to double check it's worth it.

Huck swiped me dreaming in his sleep a couple of years ago and it was pretty deep. Wouldn't stop bleeding even with steri strips.Went to nurse next day to check on tetanus and she had a good look at wound (clean) said I'd had enough boosters so wasn't worried. It was worth it for peace of mind and no need for AE visit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice