Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Embarrassing incidents at dog lessons

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by MollySmith, Oct 6, 2013.

1. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

Last week bad back meant I couldn't bend over. This week I arrive with thumb and finger in bandage and husband on training duty as I trapped said limbs in a door. It was going so well. Molly was handling 6 dogs wonderfully, all the owners respecting our space and we even did a send away and Molly managed to stay awake (she nodded off during down stays last week). Cheese was enjoyed, the sun was shining.

The recall. Outside. I'm thinking gawd, there are birds. Probably squirrels and the giant bull statues that she always barks at when we drive past but she has a long line and I trust the trainer. Anyway we've been really upping the recall training loads. It'll be fine. OH wonders why I'm worrying.

And so Molly looked at her favourite human (the trainer) and the line was dropped. I called her. I can see her thoughts in a giant Beano sized bubble 'you crazy owner, I love this lady more'. So I did the fail safe, I turned my back and ran away. Sure enough, Molly followed...

... to check that her accident prone human was okay after she went ar$e over t*t, flat on her face in front of 7 dogs and 12 humans :eek: Truthfully she licked my face, sat down and sighed with the disappointment. :blush:

Anyway else care to top this? I need to known that when I go back next week (oh yes!) that there are other members of the clumsy club.

2. ouesi

ouesi Guest

LOL!! I'll join you!

I've done the run away, fall on your aspen recalling the dog thing many a time. :D
    My dogs seem to love it too, nothing better than human on the ground as far as they're concerned :rolleyes:

Not much beats falling on your arse and having your now way over-stimulated dog run up to you to hump you though :eek:

3. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

Oh my ouesi, yes that's err... awkward.:D

4. ouesi

ouesi Guest

LOL, I've lost all sense of dignity with that dog. Once in the middle of a competition, he again got over stimulated, and the red rocket made an appearance. Red rocket then proceeded to get a bit stuck causing the dog to first waddle, then, on the next sit, he plonked down and furiously began to try to lick himself back together. Mind you we're IN the ring now, trying to do a rally run. I thought he had solved the problem, but oh no, we're back to waddling. I sent him over the jump and that solved it.

All my friends watching knew exactly what was happening and were oh so supportive with their K-Y lubricant sponsorship jokes as I exited the ring.

So now, before I enter the ring, I do a subtle belly swipe to make sure all is well.
    Oy.... that dog....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice