Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

elsa

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by sai, Jul 9, 2017.

1. sai

sai PetForums Newbie

My beautiful rescue cat is 21 she has deteriorated the last 2 days she cant see ,and finds it hard to jump climb ,she's very vocal and crys if I pick her up. She's never liked anyone but me. She's eating she's always been greedy. Is she going to get worse .or is there treatment she can have

2. sai

sai PetForums Newbie

3. Pappychi

Pappychi PetForums VIP

Have you taken her to the vets?

If not this is your first port of call.

4. Brambles the cat

Brambles the cat PetForums Senior

I agree with pappychi vets first .but i will say the same thing happened to my smokey she found it hard to move or jump one eye went then the other was going .she just went so ill. to being a stocky british blue to losing so much weight it was so sad then it came to the point she had enough . It was kidney in the end we tried everything to prolong her life but you can only do so much .seriously vet first for an opinion then you will have to see what they say .sorry not better news .plus 21 is getting on for a cat its a good age .

5. sai

sai PetForums Newbie

No not yet as she is eating loads as usual.it's like all of a sudden she can hardly see etc

6. sai

sai PetForums Newbie

Thank you so much for replying my cat Elsa was a rescue I brought back from Spain she knows Spanish and English she's a real fluffy tabby with a big mane round her neck .with have history together its going to devastate me i so love her

7. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

I would take her to the vets in the morning.

8. sai

sai PetForums Newbie

I will yes thank you

9. Franlow

Franlow Guest

Is she losing weight? Eating lots, very vocal, could be a thyroid problem. I imagine she will have blood tests at the vets.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice