UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,
Our 'Large Breed' Puppy is now 14 weeks old. Someone yesterday advised that 'Elevated Dog Bowls' are better for his 'Posture & Digestion' both NOW and in the FUTURE (when fully grown) as opposed to bowls on the floor. Someone else then suggested floor bowls better as more in line with nature. I thought I best ask here as I am talking to experts on the PetCommunity.
Advice appreciated please.
Grateful as always ;-)
Brusta

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Hi there,what breed do you have? Hopefully some of the other members will come along and tell you what they do,as some have very large breeds.I have labs and theyre bowls are on the floor.

G

·
It used to be thought that raised bowls helped avoid bloat but the recent thoughts are that this is untrue to the point of actually being the reverse

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
in the sticky thread there is a good summary of the case with scientific literature and abstracts...

if that doesn;t help i can see if i manage to find some more....but here should be plenty already to help you find an answer to your question

best
D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.