Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

electric cat clippers

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by velvetpaw, Mar 11, 2017.

1. velvetpaw

velvetpaw PetForums Member

Just wondering if anybody has used electric cat clippers. I need to clip around Millie's bottom as she is unable to clean this area and it gets messy and matted. I can't always catch her after she makes her poo and wipe it. Is there a small enough size of blade that can be used safely? Any suggestions how to manage this? Thanks!

2. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

3. Tigermoon

Tigermoon PetForums VIP

Wahl do a small battery operated set of clippers, that might work OK for bum trimming. But I have a pair of mains operated professional groomers clippers that I use on the cats. The blades are a bit less than 2 inches wide I think. Its similar to the type vets use for clipping the fur before an operation or blood test. I bought them at Crufts some years ago, but I'm sure if you Google you'll find something.

4. huckybuck

huckybuck Feline Forum Fashionista

Ceiling kitty recommended a pair to me a while ago and they are moser (wahl) arco ones.

5. bluecordelia

bluecordelia Footy

I have popped a pair of the cheap clippers in my ZP order to see if Iv will tolerate them. We seem to be past the daily detangle and snipping stage at the moment. Thanks @buffie.

I have been using the zoom groom spray with Animology glamour puss no rinse cat shampoo. This winters coat has been overly thick. Poor boy looks like he is wearing a fur coat and a muffler. X

buffie likes this.
  6. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Good luck BC,hope Iv will be okay with them.Meeko's a suspicious lad and he didn't seem to bothered by them,I think I was more nervous than he was :)

bluecordelia likes this.
  7. Ceiling Kitty

Ceiling Kitty Hides away from much through humour...

bluecordelia likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice