Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Elderly Romanian dogs in need of adoption

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by Diana Cernica, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Diana Cernica

Diana Cernica PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone. I’ve decided to post here after careful research as I think this would give my dogs a better chance at a peaceful and loving retirement. I used to live in Romania until 5 years ago when I had to relocate to the UK due to unforeseen circumstances. Unfortunately, when I left, I also had to leave behind my beloved pets and best friends that I grew up with. For a while, they were with a relative, but that didn’t go very well since he wasn’t looking after them at all. It was then when I decided the best thing to do for them was to find a rescue that would keep them until they could go to their forever homes. I managed to bring the eldest here ( their mother ) as she was getting really old and was starting to show signs of dementia. It was the only one I could bring over since I live in rented accommodation. The rescue have assured me that they will have new homes. Well, 3 years have passed and my lovely doggies are still in the shelter, nowhere near close to being adopted. They’re now coming into their golden years and I think it would be nice for them to have loving families. I’m talking about 3 brothers, 2 boys and one girl of different ages.
    Jessie is a 13 year old dachshund mix, with big beautiful eyes with lashes for days. She has a very independent personality and likes doing her own things. She wouldn’t be suitable for a family with children as she hasn’t been introduced to children her whole life. Once she warms up to you, she will be your best friend for life.
    Mic is the youngest out of them 3. He’s a 10 year old male who oozes happiness and excitement. He’s very active and playful and loves being around people. He’s the type of dog that likes getting involved in whatever activity his owners are doing. He’s a neutered bundle of joy. Anyone would be lucky to have him.
    Jimmy is a 12 year old male, the middle of all 3 of them. He’s an energetic old dog that has many quirks. He’s always being like a grumpy old man, but he’s actually quite loving and will get attached to people that treat him nicely. He wouldn’t be suitable for a family with children and would need someone patient who is invested in loving him as he is.
    Since they’ve been at the shelter, they haven’t shown signs of aggression towards other dogs and are getting along nicely with everyone.
    My heart breaks that this it what it’s coming to because I would love nothing more than to be by their sides in their final years.
    If anyone is interested in any of them, please don’t hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to provide the details of the rescue that is currently looking after them and any other questions that you might have about these fur babies.
    P.S : I have put the pictures in order of the description, so it goes Jessie, Mic and Jimmy. Also, please bear in mind that they have been in a shelter for 3 years now and they might not look like much, but with a bit of TLC they could be back to their fabulous old selves.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice