Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ehm, so why cant i see them moving/feel them?

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Cassies-mum, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

we've bred cassie -
    But i have a few questions - shes SUPPOSED to be 8 weeks pregnant... but why is she not that big? and why cant i feel them or see them move???

Im so confused...:confused::confused::confused:

2. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Have you had her scanned to see if she is deffinetly pregnant, just because you mated her doesn't mean she caught, just like humans don't get pregnant every time we have intercourse.
    What breed is Cassie? as some breeds don't show until the last week.

take care
    Sarah

3. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

Cassie is an english springer spaniel

4. Have you had her scanned? If you havent, Is there a chance that she might not be pregnant but having a phantom pregnancy. Our Rottie is showing signs of pregnancy but she def aint pregnant as i did not walk her when she was in heat as there are too many unneutered dogs around this area. Instead i had to excercise her in the garden with toys and mentle stimulation. all the same ive noticed her teats are enlarging her waist is expanding a bit and shes trying to nest and appears pregnant but like i said i know that this is not the case.

5. jayb09

jayb09 PetForums Newbie

Hi i am new to this site. I think maybe my whippet is pregnant i cannot feel anything but she has gone wider and very down in her mood . I do have a nine month old male whippet but didnt see them actually mating but lots of trying .How would i tell if she is her back teats are swollen and have tiny drops of milk on them .

6. I think your best bet would be to take her to the vet to be sure. If she is pregnant you are going to need to be prepared for the arriving litter:)

7. wooliewoo

wooliewoo PetForums VIP

When was her season as milk usually about during last week/few days so i'd get her checked. She maybe having a phamtom as they can have milk and all the mood swings etc as in a pregnancy

8. wooliewoo

wooliewoo PetForums VIP

Lucy is coming up for 7 weeks and no movement yet that i can see, alot depends on size of bitch/litter. In My mums toy dogs you rarely see movement till last week

9. nat1979

nat1979 PetForums VIP

I wanted to know why so many people come on here and ask 'do they think my dog is preggers' if you are not sure why dont you have you dog scanned that way you will know if she is or not how many your bitch will be having and her due date

I know a few people that have only payed £25-£30 for a scan i payed £60 for my girls

Its so much easy just to get your bitch scanned which can be done from 30 days after last mating

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice